Could not resist this picture. Zane got slightly over heated at the festivities!
Many thanks to our wonderful hostesses, Able and Kari! Aren't they adorable!
The most classic picture ever!
3. Saturday morning we went to the Chuck Wagon Gathering at the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. It was all things cowboy that I remember from my childhood, dad would have loved it! The highlight, besides hot dogs, was the pony rides. Zane got to ride a little paint pony, which was perfect. He also practiced roping, watched Brendan do some leather work, enjoyed campfire food, and got completely hot and tired. This was followed by refusing to nap and a terrible afternoon which I would like to block out forever.
He was a natural on his horse.
This is Rowan's new "cheese face." Anytime a camera is around this is what he does. Don't ask me why!
5. Sunday evening, after days of rain on and off, our rain table became a water table, and there was lots of puddles to splash in. Rowan is starting to enjoy some water play and thoroughly enjoyed getting soaking wet, splashing in all kinds of water around the yard. The water standing in this random lid was his favorite.
6. Sunday night, after the kids were asleep, I went over to my sister for scrapbooking and Sangria. It was lot of fun, even if I only got three pages done. That's three more than I have done in probably a year.
7. Monday Zach was off work so we took a family trip to the Science Museum. The key to a successful science museum visit is to arrive at 9am, when the doors open, so you have the run of the place for about an hour. And that is all the longer we need there, so it's perfect. It was lots of fun, as always.
Both boys love the new Power Play area upstairs.
Tornado simulator, for the record 40mph winds are just another day in OK.
Love this shot of Zane in the tree house.
Too many cute pictures to choose from, so glad I took my real camera this time.
8. Then we ended our Memorial Day weekend with a BBQ at Abbey's house. It was a last minute thing, but turned out to be tons of fun. I ate until I couldn't breath, not a great decision, but there was just so much wonderful food. The kids of course had classic cousin time together, including yard races, and Rowan and Everett having a show down over the bicycle. Just another day in the, very soggy, backyard with the cousins.
Uncle Zach took part in the races too, of course!
My sweet baby is growing up too fast.
9. Today it continued to be rainy and gloomy outside. Since we didn't have anything planned to do I struggled to stay awake and couldn't quite remember what I was suppose to be doing, I think I might have been drugged. We ended up taking a trip to the spice shop to see Able. We were going a little stir crazy. I work the next three days and am just sick thinking about how much I will miss my boys. I will also be missing the first day of farm camp, Friday, which is also devistating.
10. Zane had some very difficult days during all this fun. It was frustrating and sad that so much of the these days I had off work was spent dealing with all kinds of almost four year craziness. I'm not sure what is going on, but Sunday he woke up from nap time proclaiming he was "a new Zane." Praise God, because I was getting very tired old Zane. He can be so sweet and well behaved or he can be none of those things. Today he was lovely, making heading back to work tomorrow very hard.
Hopefully everyone had a safe, happy holiday weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment