1. The packing is almost done, crazy how fast you can really pack everything if you have to. I randomly am in the midst of a week off work that I had originally planned to spend doing fun, non stressful things with my boys. I feel like I never see them and when you only have two days off at a time there isn't a lot of time to just be with them since there are a zillion other things that need to get done. Needless to say that plan is shot, we are all crazy stressed out, and it has been a lot less than fun to say the least.
Moving does mean you get to do fun things like sit on the empty shelves, which is tons of fun!
2. I need to wish a very Happy Golden Birthday to my niece Maggie who turns five today on the fifth. She had an amazing frozen party on Saturday, complete with a visit from Queen Elsa herself. It was so neat to watch her light up as she put on her very own Elsa costume, wig, and crown. She definitely felt like a queen and I think it's safe to say she had a wonderful time with Queen Elsa. Zane on the other hand was terrified that she would "freeze him dead." It's a real fear since Elsa does have a track record of freezing people, creating snow monsters, and kind of being off her rocker at times. He warmed up to her though. He picked flowers from Abbey's garden, I thought for her, but upon further questioning he said they were for Anna, who Elsa said didn't come because she was home sick. How stinking cute is that???
Yes, her cake was the north mountain with pieces of ice sticking out!
Queen Elsa freezing the room with white streamers. Again, Zane wasn't too sure about this particular game, since he thought she might freeze him.
3. If it's Maggie's birthday that means it is also our wedding anniversary. Eight years ago today I was a just a little pup, marrying my college sweet heart. Now look at us, living the... dream?? At this exact moment things are rough and it's hard to really celebrate in the midst of so much stress. That being said I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband, who is an amazing father. Hopefully next year we will be in a better place to celebrate our anniversary. I'm really starting to think I want to renew my vows for our ten year anniversary, but not really sure how to make that happen. We skipped out on Maggie's family dinner and had a romantic pizza dinner all by ourselves, which was tons of fun. But don't worry we came back in time for cake 2.0.
4. Speaking of weddings, my big brother is getting married, NEXT MONTH!!!! I can't believe it and seriously there are a lot of days where this thought is the highlight of my day. I am so over the moon excited, even though I still have to find something to wear to the big event. Zane did ask me yesterday who Able was marrying. Kari, maybe we need to hang out more?? I have spent a lot of time trying to find suits for my boys, because they obviously need a three piece, seersucker suit with matching bow ties for the hour long ceremony. I will probably come down to earth about that at some point, but maybe not.
5. While I have been busy packing Rowan has found all sorts of new things, not toys, to play with. Yesterday this is how I found him. He had been having a blast with this swim diaper for awhile. I had heard him giggling but wasn't sure why. Today he somehow got the tongs we used to cook little sausages in the morning and walked around with them, grasping things for awhile. Who needs toys really??
7. Friday I think is the official big move day. I will be at work, which is fine, and then Zach will finish things off on Saturday morning. Thanks to everyone who will be helping with this crazy fast move and watching our kids while I'm MIA. Then the terribly long unpacking process will begin. I'm thinking about giving away/throwing away a lot of stuff I don't want to store anymore.
8. This afternoon I took Maggie and the boys to the Ninja Turtle event at Barnes and Noble. We had previously been to the Batman event and met Batman and I knew there had been an Olaf event where Olaf came, so I didn't think it was a stretch to think that actual Ninja Turtles would be there. Of course this wasn't the case. It was just Ninja Turtle story time which isn't ideal for my son with a rather short attention span. He listened to one book then was over it. He did get something off the Ninja Turtle table that he has been wanting toys off of for a month, so not a total failure. He was sad about not getting to meet a Ninja Turtle, but "they have to fight crime mamma." So true!
It was really cute to watch Rowan go and sit down in front of Zane during story time. Adorable!
"Mamma, where are the Ninja Turtles?" He came prepared with his Ninja Turtle Party shirt.
9. This week Rowan has learned how to recognize and say cow and knows that they say moo. Ro saying moo in his tiny little voice cracks me up. He also knows can recognize pigs and ducks. He is saying more things everyday and is getting closer to being able to say Zane which I can't wait for!
10. Rowan also continues to be super attached to his binki and can somehow find it no matter where I hide it. I think his brother helps him get it out of the basket that is on top of his changing table. Or maybe he climbs up there to get it. Either way he has it most of the time and currently I have too many things on my plate to care about it. He also continues to not sleep great, either all night or up for three hours. Why are my children such terrible sleepers?? Who knows, but I do love his face!!



No comments:
Post a Comment