1. This weekend I spent most of Saturday celebrating Kari and
Able's upcoming wedding. In the morning we had her shower at Abbey's,
which was lovely and lots of fun. She got tons of great gifts and I
think had a good time visiting with everyone. Then in the evening it was
bachelorette party time. This was a bit out of my comfort zone of
playing at home with little kids, but a good time was had by all and I
might have rocked out some Brittany at the Karaoke bar with the bride to
be. So much fun and so happy that my brother is marrying such a
wonderful person.
Somehow this is the only picture I took at the shower.
The bride and I!!!
These were my companions at the Audi B's Party Table at the Karaoke Bar! Tracie is basically like a third sister in the Blakley family, I've grown up with her and loved having here there to celebrate with us.
2. Sunday was family day, after I missed most of Saturday with
them. Zane asked me numerous times if we were going to do stuff "as a
family." Can you tell I've been working lots of weekends lately? So we
went fishing, sans hooks, but Zane has mastered the art of casting. He
gets a little bit tangled up when you had the bobber, weight, and hook
so we just let him cast and pretend. Not sure there are any fish in the
pond by our house anyway so it was probably fine. Both boys got new
Spiderman polls, Rowan's is just his size, but really he is more
interested in throwing rocks in the water. He did love relaxing lakeside
in his tiny chair.
3. Sunday evening we went to family swim time at the Y. I haven't
been able to make it there for exercising very much in the past few
weeks, what with all the craziness of moving and unpacking. But we had a
great time swimming. Zane practiced his strokes some more and seems to
be improving. Rowan mainly shivers, but seems to enjoy the slides and
swimming with mommy and daddy as well.
4. The house isn't really coming together very well. I have zero
motivation to unpack things I know we won't be using anytime soon. I
also can't get motivated to try to figure out where I want to hang
things, so it still looks kind of like and empty shell of a house, but
in good news I haven't been sick!!
5. This week the boys and I went to explore the little playground
across the street from our house. We had a great time, pretending to be
on a pirate ship. Rowan can't really climb up into it without help, but
loves playing around in it and sliding down the slides once he is up
there. When we were getting ready to leave Zane took a tumble off a
slide, or possibly from the top ( I didn't witness the fall). I turned
around when I heard Zane screaming and found him in a pile, on the
ground, and it looked like he had broken his neck. He hadn't, but was
very shook up, as was I. So went and sat by the lake for awhile. We
threw rocks in the water, watched the turtles, and sang songs. It all
ended well. The afternoons are way to hot to be outside, we so we been
trying to enjoy the tolerable mornings, then playing inside during the
August heat.
6. The new set up of this house is that both boys have toys in
there rooms and then the second living area is just a play place. So far
it has been working alright, though I still feel like there are still
toys strewn about everywhere. Rowan loves that he has his own toys in
his room now. He points at his little cubbies and giggles when I'm
trying to put him to sleep. Ro is loving all kinds of trucks, trains, or
really any vehicle he can drive around. And has become a master of his
brother's mega blocks, which might need to be moved next door to Rowan's
room. Have I mentioned he is getting too big!!
7. This weekend we are going to meet the Wamser clan for a mini
vacation in Branson. We lived in MO for seven years and never went there
so I'm really unsure of what to do. I am afraid everything is going to
cost a million dollars, but mostly we are going to see Michelle so we
can just play around our cabin in the woods a lot as well. I'm sure we
will find plenty to do there and we are in desperate need of family time
that is not filled with all sorts of stress. Hopefully we can try to
forget about all that's happening (or not happening where our house is
concerned) and have a great time! If anyone has good ideas of things to
do in Branson with little kids, let me know.
8. Zane is switching classes at school and I think he might be struggling a bit with it. He had really connected with his three year old class teacher, Mr. D. It was a male teacher who he had really become close to and had kind of become the class helper. Now everyday he tells me that he is in the four year old class, but when Mr. D needs help he take his "strong muscles" to his class to help. So I think he still sees Mr. D. a lot, but is now in the Pre-K class for most of the day. He told me they learned the letter B the other day, "Mamma, I already known that letter for a long time." Great!
9. I now need to figure out how to start working with Zane on letter sounds and possibly work our way into reading. I have no clue how to do that and I feel like I never have time at home to do that sort of thing with him anymore. Hopefully life slows down here soon.
10. I'm getting pumped about OU Football season in Oklahoma. That also means that fall is around the corner!!!! Can't wait for some cooler temperatures. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't been 110 degrees here, but still too hot to play outside in the afternoon. "It's not Halloween yet... soon."










No comments:
Post a Comment