1. First and for most a very Happy Bday to my besty Anna, whose birthday is today. We just had my birthday day of fun a couple weeks ago so maybe we can meet back up in a few months for some more fun. Hope you had a great day Anna!!
2. We are officially in the new house and completely done with everything at the old house, well one of the old houses. Yes, there was a period in time where we had three houses, that is less than ideal. The garage is full of boxes to be unpacked but I got enough unpacked Sunday and Monday so we can live. Turns out you don't need a whole lot. I am making big piles to be donated as I am getting really tired of moving stuff I haven't used in years.
3. I do love the new house. There is a little pond on the other side of the street in front and a little playground across the street as well. It is far enough North, out of the town, that we see the stars so it feels more like being in the country, even though we are in a neighborhood.
4. On that note, on our first night in the new house there was a impromptu firework show to the north of us. It was beautiful, though random, and I still have no idea what the celebration was about. I thought the firework stand at the corner might have caught on fire, but it hadn't so who knows. I take it as a good sign. I also take the fact that an hour after Zach took the last load from the old house a huge limb feel out of the tree by our driveway, right onto where our cars would have been. That house literally was trying to kill us. Glad we mad it out alive.
5. I do feel much better, allergy wise, as well. I have gotten two allergy shots also, but I think the fact that I am not breathing mold and God knows what else, all day has to have something to do with it as well. I have high hopes that this means I can feel good for more than a few days at a time.
6. For everyone who is looking for the weekly adorable photos of my boys, I can't upload any since we still don't have internet at our house and I'm typing all this on my phone. There is probably a way to do it, but I don't know how so they will be saved for next week. They are sitll adorable, don't worry! They are loving playing in all the boxes and sliding on our new wood floors!!
7. Zane is having some trouble, which is not surprising given the recent changes, but is still very frustrating. I have zero patience at this point, which I know isn't good, but there are a thousand things on my plate and I just need him to act like the wonderful, polite, little boy that I know he is. I don't like that he has to be in trouble, but he also can't scream at me, or argue with me, or any of the other number of issues we are having. When he gets in trouble that means less time I can spend with Rowan as well, since I'm dealing with Zane's screaming fits. So ready for everything to be back to normal.
8. We are planning a trip up to Grandma's Thursday to celebrate what would have been my dad's sixty fifth birthday. Writing that down makes it seem like it has really been a long time since he died and makes me wonder, foolishly, what life would be like had he not passed away. I told Zane that we were going to celebrate his birthday and maybe go camping, to which he said, "is your dad going camping with us?" As though he had forgotten for a moment that he isn't here. I of course burst into tears, sometimes it feels like it doesn't get easier.
9. Everywhere we go people have been asking Zane if he is going to be starting school soon. He thinks this is a crazy idea because he calls daycare school, so to him he is already in school. But to me this questions throws me into a panic attack everytime. The thought of him being in kindergarten makes me want to cry. I'm not ready and Zane may not be ready by this time next year. Maybe yes, maybe no. But for now he is just a very tall four year old who needs to stay with his mamma as much as possible.
10. Did everyone get a chance to see the supermoon this weekend? I enjoyed it from my beautiful new backyard, that has zero trees to impede my vision. It was gorgeous and a beautiful cool August evening. What a treat!
Promise more pictures next week, hopefully we will have internet by then.
No comments:
Post a Comment