1. Last Friday I lead a wreath making girls night at a friend of a friends house. The main goal was to make burlap wreaths and to learn how to make big, fancy bows. I think we succeeded in both goals. Everyone came with their own vision of how they wanted their wreath to turn out, all different, and all of them turned out amazing. I love crafting and happy to share my knowledge of wreath/bow making with friends anytime. I found it hysterical that Anna was present at the bow making tutorial, from our roommate Julie, where I learned how to make bows, but has forgotten that ever happened. She has been retaught and her bow was amazing. Good job Anna.
Yes, I completely reworked my wreath once I got home. I love how it turned out and I think Abbey enjoyed it as well, it's for her first Christmas in her new house. Merry Christmas Richards Family!!
2. Last Saturday Zach was out of town
all day working while the boys and I prepared for your Texas trip, but
he got home just in time for us to go to his work Christmas party. This
year it was at an Main Event, a big arcade, restaurant, bowling alley
place with tons to do. We played lots of arcade games, including Mario
Cart on the big screen. Zane braved the ropes coarse and did great,
though he admitted to being a little scared. He was definitely the
youngest climber on the course. He is so big and brave and I am so proud
of him for forging ahead in spite of his fears. Meanwhile Rowan and I
were racking up ticket throwing balls into random things and hitting up
the photo both. We didn't see much of Zach's co-workers, but we had a
great time and the boys took home cheap prizes they bought with their
tickets, that they loved!Zane did sit on Santa's lap and Rowan was very proud of himself for saying hi, waving, giving a high five, and saying good bye to Santa at a safe distance.
4. Gary has been having lots of fun the past two weeks. He organized, and taught, flying lessons while we were gone. He recruited the Eagles and Cardinals to help him teach the penguins, turkeys, and chickens how to fly. Very entertaining set up, made possible by Uncle Able's imagination. He also has been mechanicing on cars, has gotten caught on the potty, played in the toy box, brought us Christmas books, and this morning he was grilling with his cousins, Jingle and Jangle Boy. The best part of Gary, my boys don't have to go wait in line to sit on Santa's lap because they tell Gary everything they want.
5.Yesterday, when I got ready to leave for the gym, I walk out to find that of all the toys in my house the boys had found babies to play with and that had to come with us everywhere yesterday. Rowan has been attached to his Verny for awhile now, but Zane just found his doll from when he was little and named her Dora. Dora and Verny went on all our errands, including seeing Santa at Hobby Lobby. These two have quite the baby fever, Mommy.... not so much.
This picture cracks me up because Zane's fake smile makes his face look just like his baby boy face. If you're going to fake smile,I'll take that one please.
Verny and Dora with Santa
6. We are busy making cookies for all the people we have to thank in our lives. Teachers at school, people at Child Watch at the Y, our lovely post lady, the women who give me allergy shots every week, you know the people who we see often who need some holiday cheer. The boys and Zach started our cookie baking fun Sunday while I was at work and we finished the fun with cut out sugar cookies this morning with Aunt Anna and Grandma's help.
Both boys did a great job rolling out the dough and cutting out the cookies.
Silly Zane! Also, all the cookies, no matter what they were, got eyes, thanks to the eyes left over from the Ninja Turtle cupcakes.
8. Rowan is officially obsessed with Snoopy, specifically his Snoopy costume, which he wears about 75% of the time these days. This morning this was the first thing he said to me, "I wear my Soopy costume Mamma?" He adores it and it is fantastically adorable. I wish he could put it on and take it off by himself, but other than that we are enjoying our Peanuts Christmas this year. I even made Charlie Brown Christmas tree hand prints yesterday, that turned out very cute!
9. Saturday was our annual trip to the Nutcracker with Miss Maggie J. It was lovely as always, great to have a girls day.
10. After cookie baking fun this morning, things kind of spiraled out of control. Zane was very tired in the morning, then woke up even more tired and his head was hurting. When Zane stops moving we go to the doctor. He had ear infections and I meant to have the Doc look at Rowan's ears but in the midst of numerous random things happening I forgot. Maybe an hour after getting home from that doctor's appointment Rowan fell, while climbing on the wooden kitchen tower, and hit his chin. I didn't' witness it but Rowan explained it to me like this, "I was climbing on the spaceship and I was here and trying to get to the next one, but I can't, it too far away. Then I fell and bonked by chin, I bleeding and I said, man down!" So funny, except the bonk on his chin was a large gash and we ended up in Urgent Care getting stitches on his chin. Rowan was very big and brave and came through it all like a champ. Zane did say, "That wasn't a good idea mom. I wish we hadn't done that." Good call buddy! Oh and P.S. Rowan also had double ear infections, which I did remember to have the doctors check once they sewed up his chin.
Waiting to be sewed up with his bloody wash cloth, so pathetic.
Rowan was very excited while waiting for his stitches, dancing around, recreating what happened, very entertaining. I did make his stop dancing on the treatment table before we had another head bonk!
His wound looked exactly like the Eiffel Tower, solidarity with Paris I guess. This did make the stitching harder. He probably needed four stitches, but the two, lets say legs of the Eiffel tower couldn't be stitched without damaging the skin between them. So band aids on the chin it is!
When I said this was our first round of stitches, Zane was quick to remind me that he had staples, stitches, and wire in his chest when he was a baby, never to be outdone by his baby brother. I probably should have asked if there was some sort of punch card for stitches at the Pediatric Urgent Care, I'm sure we will be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment