1. First up this years wreath, red burlap. This was my first attempt at a burlap wreath and I love how it turned out. I went to the store with no other vision beyone red burlap and found random things to add to it with the help of my co creater, Zane. The snowflakes I alreayd had from the Dollar Store and were the perfect finishing touch. All my wreaths usually have bells of some sort, I blame my mother, doors should ring when they open. Or at least they often did where I grew up.
2. This was the first Christmas wreath I ever created. I made it when Zach and I moved into our second little apartment right after he graduated collage. It started with just Christmas ornaments, most of which I've changed out for new, shinnier ones, since then, and the big bow. I added the Joy to the World the year we moved into your house in St. Louis. Every year I add or replace something. This year I added little Santa and candy ornaments. Note the silver bells on the wreath and the red bells on the wreath holder!
2. This was my second attempt at a Christmas wreath and remains one of my favorites. Simpe, but adorable with with my fat little snowmen and rustic brown bells! This beauty if gracing my bedroom door this year so we get a nice little jingle letting us know when a small boy is coming to join us!
4. This lovely pinecone wreath nearly broke my crafting soul this year. After learning that pinecones close up when they are submerged in water we had to go get another bunch before I could start working on it. The process invovled painting all the pinecones, sprinkling them with glitter, then hot glueing plastic beads to the bottom of each pincone so they could be threaded on a wire hanger. I think I could have just as easily hot glued them all onto a wreath form of some sort, but my goal was for this to be a free wreath. Getting all the pincones on the wire, and arranged so it looked decent, was not an easy task. Once they were all on I used little sprigs of greenery and berries to hide some of the bigger gaps. The birds were from Zane's St. Francis costume and I love them. If I can't have bells, then I'll take birds! I do love how it turned out and am thinking about changing the bow to a green one, but just can't decide. Life's tough desicions, right?
5. This was my first sewn wreath and one I would have never attempted it had my mother not given me the fabric, already cut into nice neat 6x6 inch squares. I am always up for a crafting challenge and was determined to finish it. Each sqaure was folded into a triangle, ironed, then the bottom sewn together to make cute little triangles that were then pinned on a foam wreath form. I wrapped the form in green fabric before I started pinning things to it so you couldn't see the white showing through. It took a couple evenings of sewing, while watching TV, since I don't have a sewing maching, but not hard work. I put zero thought into how the triangles were arranged on the form, just tried to not put two colors beside each other. By the time I got done with this one I was out of doors so it got it's own huge gold bow and gets to hang over my big mirror, very lovely!!
5. This is the only wreath in the house I didn't make. However, I did add little brown bells to it after I bought it, because a wreath isn't complete without bells.
6. I reworked this wreath this year because the original version did not do well in storage. It started as a mesh wreath with the big puffy loops in it, but those were quickly smashed in the attic and it did not fluff back to life well. So I took it all apart and reused the red mesh and added white mess I already had to make a candy cane pattern. I used the same technique for this as for the red burlap wreath and I think it will hold up much better in storage this way. This year I also added the words, which were Christmas ornaments I already had, very cute!
And there you have a it, a tour of all the wreaths in my house at Christmas. Every room has at least one and they all make me happy. Hope you got some good ideas.
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment