Blaine is our second oldest nephew. He was born while Zach and I were dating. When he was born he had a rare blood disorder which caused him to be unable to make new red blood cells. He was hospitalized for this for a while and had to have multiple blood transfusions during the first three months of his life. When he was three months old he started to make his own red blood cells and has been going 100 mph ever since. He will tell you that he was a miracle baby and boy is he right. I had never prayed for any child as much as I prayed for Blaine until Zane was born with his very own medical problem.
Today Blaine is one of the most tender hearted little boys I have ever met. He frequently does or says things that bring tears to my eyes they are so sweet and loving. For example, my first Christmas that I was away from my family I was getting sad during Christmas Eve mass and about the time I thought I was going to cry Blaine came over and gave me a hug and sat on my lap. Or when we brought Zane down to meet everyone Blaine came over and was looking at him in his bouncy seat. He asked me if he was still sick and told me he wished that he could be fixed now so he wouldn't have to be sick any more, melted my heart.
Blaine looks like his mother, loves chocolate, is a dare devil, and a huge blessing in the lives of his Aunt and Uncle. We love you Blaine, Happy 6th Birthday!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment