Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. This is how I start off my Tuesdays now; "Oh it's been __ weeks since Dad died," "Oh no it's only __ weeks until Zane's surgery," and finally " I need to write ten on Tuesday." To fill in those blanks 3 weeks and 4 weeks respectively.

2. We got Zane's three month picture proofs back today and they are amazing. He is freaking cute and I can kind of see a little bit of me in him which is exciting, but still mainly Zach. He does look really bald in the pictures since they were taken outside but he is still super adorable. I will put them up in my Picasa album as soon as she sends me the CD.

3. Still having horrible left lower back pain. Feels like I am being stabbed in the back when I walk. I had planned on going to the doctor yesterday but Zane had other plans, see number 4.

4. Zane was super crabby on and off all day yesterday. He would be big chilling then go to ultimate freak out. He also was chewing on his hand to the point that he would gag himself ( see photo below) and proceed to throw up. He was making raspberry noises all day, drooling/spitting like a maniac, and had a low grade fever. After a day of this at around 5 I started to think the teething process might be starting. Not fun for anybody. Needless to say I didn't get done all that I had planned for yesterday and ended the day feeling like I might be ready to go to work today but then remembered that my job consists of dealing with screaming babies and handing out Tylenol so really no break from it.

5. I did finally get all my fall decorations put up yesterday while Zane was sleeping. It gets me in the mood for Halloween and then I remember I will be at the hospital on Halloween. It also makes me want to have a fire in our fire place and curl up with some warm tea, I bet I can make that happen. The cool weather is lovely and also helping put me in the fall mood.

6. All the Sooners shirts except Adeline's came yesterday. Adeline's was on back order so we have to get her one to complete the set. I must say I love all the Sooner support.

7. Speaking of supporting the Sooners, this weekend is the OU vs. Texas game and I have to work :( This is probably just as well since OU vs. Texas generally stresses me out. Texas did lose to UCLA last week which was awesome, so maybe we can pull out the W this year. GO SOONERS!!!!!!!

8. I am finally getting my hair cut Friday. I haven't been since the week before Zane was born. My friend Amy from work, who has been dying to play with Zane, is going to baby sit, thanks Amy! Man a lot has happened since I got my hair cut last.

9. Zane's banana costume came in the mail today and it is the cutest thing ever. There is a little soft hat that looks like the top of a banana and it says "top banana" on it. Zane will be rocking that well past Halloween. The costume itself could also double as a sleep sack if I really wanted to use it as that, which honestly would brighten my day so I might just do it.

10. My friend Michelle went with me to look at the ICU parents lounge today. I had previously gone down and looked at the surgery waiting room. It helps me to be able to picture where I will actually be because if I hadn't gone to look at these places in advance I would still be picturing them as the most depressing dark rooms ever, which of course is not the case at Children's where everything is clean and bright. It also makes things more real, which is bad but on the same hand helps me to prepare. So thanks Michelle for the moral support!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, can I see Zane in his banana costume when I am up there before his surgery???? Please??????
    I can hardly wait. That will one for the wall: top banana! what a hoot.

    ReplyDelete