Sunday, April 17, 2011
Becky's Wedding
Last night Zach and I had the pleasure of attending my friend Becky's wedding. I have worked with Becky for two and half years now and consider her one of my dear friends. She has always been wonderfully kind and support of me, whether during work or personal struggles and hard times. So I was very excited when, last year around this time, I found out she was going to be marring her soul mate, Mike. I had never met her husband before last night, but I could tell they truly loved each other and I have never seen Becky so happy.
This was the first Jewish wedding I had been to and it did not disappoint. The ceremony seemed the perfect length to me. Not as long and confusing as my Catholic wedding, but longer than some fifteen minute weddings I have been to. They exchanged beautiful vows, read a poem the completely summed up all the wishes and prayers you have for anyone's marriage, and of course blessed the couple with all the traditions of their faith. After the ceremony we sent them off to the receptions with bubbles and cheers.
The reception was held at the beautiful Coronado Ballroom, with Sushi and drinks before, salad, salmon, and steak for dinner, and of course delicious wedding cake for dessert. It was great to see all my work friends dressed up and having a good time. We all enjoyed dancing the night away with Becky, though Zach and I did leave a little bit early so our baby sitter could get home. All of us were especially excited to see that Michelle made it since she is still pregnant. I don't know how excited Michelle is about still being pregnant, but she had a great time as well. One last party before baby!
Here is Amy, myself, and Maggie doing the classic prom picture.
Zach and I looking like we do in all our pictures. Zach wore his Mizzou bow tie in honor of the bride and groom, both Mizzou alumni.
So congrats to the happy couple. May you be blessed with many happy, healthy years of marriage. My prayer for you is that you always laugh more than you cry. Welcome to married life, it's a blast!
Here is the SLCH crew, looking all beautiful on the dance floor!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And you said you wouldn't make any friends there. Looks to me like you have a wonderful family of friends sharing your interests and your joys. There are so many wonderful people everywhere we go!
ReplyDelete