Sunday, April 17, 2011

Outdoor adventures

Zane has had a few outside adventures this spring. Most of them have involved Zane playing in his bouncer, which he has enjoyed, but it is high time the little man got a little dirty. Last weekend Zane and Zach had some fun mud time while Zach was working on the sprinkling system. I was slightly concerned when I heard 'mud time' took place while Zane was wearing his new adorable summer outfit, but not to worry I got all the mud out. Zach reported that Zane was slightly freaked out at first but in the end enjoyed it. Here is Zane after 'mud time'.
Thursday it was beautiful outside and Zane had refused to nap so we went outside for some more outdoor adventures. Adventure may be a strong word, really he was just set free in the yard, but didn't really want to crawl, so he just sat in the grass, playing with the sweet gum balls, violets, grass, and he even managed to find a little dirt. It was unbelievably adorable to watch him take in his new surroundings. He was very serious as he examined all the new things, of course trying to eat them all. His favorite were the sweet gum balls which he found many new things to do with and after a few tries at eating them he realized this was a bad idea.


The first few minutes after he sat down he kept one foot in the air, not sure of how the grass felt on his feet/legs. Also possibly because Zane is constantly working his abs and this made for a great ab work out. The grass grew on him and within no time he had his feet in the grass/dirt rubbing them around. Such fun!



We stayed outside until I started to get a little hot, so I am sure he was as well. He tried crawling around a little, but the sweet gum balls on his little legs scared him away. It was a simple afternoon, but so much fun. I can't wait for him to be running around in the grass. I know it isn't as far away as it feels.

1 comment:

  1. Danny is smiling down on you both, I know. There is nothing like free explore time in the great out doors. I can't wait to see you guys again.

    ReplyDelete