We had Easter Bunny pancakes for breakfast, courtesy of Zach's wonderful pancake making skills. Zach and I loved them, but Zane was having none of it. It was a gloomy day outside so we didn't get much done. After family nap time we were going to make "quick" trip to Target to pick up some storage containers for Zane's clothes he has grown out of and more frosting for my Easter cupcakes for work. Well, turns out Target is the place to be the day before Easter. Who knew? It was a mad house, like the week before Christmas. The Target trip became a HUGE debacle, about which I will spare you the gruesome details. I will just suffice it to say check to make sure the lids you get actually fit the storage containers you buy. Just because it is directly above the container does not mean it fits that container. Also, don't throw away your receipts from Target because the moment you do that you will need it to get yourself out of a huge debacle. The trip ended with me enraged, but on a happier note it was costumer appreciation day at the gas station so we got hot dogs and soda's for twenty five cents ( after spending $50 filling up my gas tank of course).
Once we were home from the debacle I finished decorating my oh too cute Easter cupcakes, we watch some of the cards game, Zane played, and I organized his old clothes. I called and checked in with my family who are all at the farm. I wish I could be there hunting eggs and watering baby trees with them. I haven't seen my siblings, niece, or nephew since January and am missing them dearly. I had a rough missing dad moment today while putting Zane down for a nap. His little head and hair looks just like dad's. It is still hard for me to believe that Zane will never know him. It would have made an awfully cute picture, dad and Zane with their matching hair. Sad face.
Hope you all have a wonderful Easter! Much love from the Show-Me-State!
No comments:
Post a Comment