Thursday, April 7, 2011

Productive Day

This morning Zach headed off to Columbia, MO to do a little work today and then take his big test tomorrow. This means that Zane and I are here by ourselves for the next two days. Luckily I am off work so we aren't having any daycare issues, just having some quality time together.

I was determined to get things done today, so after Zane's first little nap we headed to the dreaded mall to find a dress for Becky's wedding. I found a little black dress, I was hoping for something springy, but no such luck. Zane was a big trooper shopping for dresses with Mommy. He lost it just a little bit towards the end and managed to spill water, from what I thought was a non-spill sippy cup, all over himself. He pulled himself together and we had a lovely lunch, just the two of us, at McCalister's Deli. It was the first time I had actually bought him his own food, needless to say he loved his mac and cheese and apple sauce. He tried his teddy grams, but was not a fan!

While Zane took his second nap of the day I finally put up my Easter decorations. I could have sworn I had some sort of spring/easter words to decorate with, like "Happy Easter" in wooden letters, but turns out I don't. I know, how can that be, I have a sign for every other holiday. I am tempted to go to Hobby Lobby tomorrow, but going to try to resist. I did realize that I have a lot of very cute round table clothe that are useless now that we have a big table. It is very springy around here now with eggs galore.



 When Zane woke up we headed downstairs so Zane could explore while I worked on his scrapbook. He is such a curious little guy and I'm starting to see signs of him really remembering where/what things are. This is cute sometimes, like when he looks for his jumperoo, then crawls too it quickly and tries to stand up by it. However, when he finds something that he shouldn't be playing with ( today it was the internet box and the air conditioner vent ) no amount of distractions or blockades will keep him from them. Here are the results of my scrapbooking today. I did Zane's 9 month page, his 9 month face for the faces page, and my new favorite page of Zane and Zach. I used my Silhouette to cute out the letters, I think it turned out pretty great.


During Zane's last nap I did 45 minutes of the 1.5hr of P90X Yoga, which is stupidly difficult. However, I did my best and forgot the rest and luckily Zane slept for an hour so I got to work out and shower, no problem, what a blessing. This evening Zane did wonderful with dinner and night time, which is amazing since he has been having some rough nights recently. Now I am blogging, pulling my house back together, and sending love and support to my husband. I can feel him being nervous and I am terribly nervous for him as well. I guess I will just send up some prayers from now until tomorrow at 5pm when it will all over. Love you Zach, Zane and I missed you today!

* I tried to take a picture of Zane and I together today, but I'm pretty sure it is humanly impossible to take a picture of yourself and a 9 month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment