1. Mom arrived Sunday afternoon to freakishly hot St. Louis weather. Yesterday, April 2nd, it was 90 degrees with 50% humidity and felt like the middle of June. We were red faced and sweaty after only a few minutes at the park. What in the world is happening? Apparently I will get to use all the inside activities I found for the winter, this summer when it is a million degrees outside. I find this all very interesting since last year mom came to visit this exact same week and arrived in a snow storm. I just happened to look at my blog post from last year at this time and saw pictures of my daffadils covered in snow.
2. Our neighbors gave Zane their old sand table, which their kids had out grown, and he is loving it. He has a slew of new sand toys and all his little CAT machines are now being used to dig and play in the dirt, as they should be. Of course his favorite activity to do with his sand table is throwing the sand onto the ground. Play sand is cheap, right? We have yet to capture him in action, but I'm sure there will be plenty of sand covered pictures to come.
3. Zane and I have both finished our five day course of oral steriods and are both decreasing our Albuterol inhaler use. The Albuterol inhaler made Zane a complete crazy person, but I knew that was going to happen. His cough sounds much better as long as we don't let him run himself silly, which still occasionally ends in vomit. I feel a little better but my head is still very congested, so I can't hear, and I am still coughing but I think I am slowly improving.
4. Mr. Mopples has remained a huge hit at our house this week. Zane has even learned how to make appropriate chicken noises, which is rather funny. He also likes making Mopples fly, which involves throwing him around the room for extended periods of time. I can't really figure out if Mopples is a boy or a girl though. He/she looks like a hen for the most part but then has the comb of a rooster. It remains a mystery.
5. Here are some adorable pictures of the week. Zane will occasionally tell me that he needs to go pee pee, which is always a blatant lie, but I humor him sometimes so he can sit on his Thomas potty seat. He always wants to read a magazine and last time I captured this classic shot of Zane checking out the Pottery Barn Easter catalog.
6. Our neighbors cut down a huge, beautiful, tree yesterday which I found kind of sad. It offered a lot of shade for our yard, which I will miss this bleeding hot summer, but also what is the big beautiful tree hurting? However, watching the whole process was pretty interesting. I have no idea how, at least some part of the tree, didn't fall through my kitchen roof, but they managed to keep most of it in their yard. There were random people walking on my roof at one point, which turns out is a terrifying way to wake up from a nap. Also, when the big trunk finally fell down mom and I were pretty sure there had been an earthquake.
7. Tomorrow is opening day for major league baseball and by some sort of terrible rip off the first game isn't being played at Busch Stadium. I was always told that if you win the world series, which the STL Cardinals did last year, you get to play the first game at your stadium. Some how this isn't happening this year, but whatever, I'm still excited for some Cardinals baseball. We will be celebrating the day by going to see the 2011 World Series trophy at Zach's work, before he heads out of town.
8. Here is my latest pinterest idea that I want to try outside soon. It seems like easiest idea and someone at work told me it worked out great. You tape three sides of a big painters tarp together, making a huge envelope, fill it with water, add bath toys and blue food coloring, then tape the last side down. The girl at work said her kids played with it all day and it didn't break until they poked holes in it at the end of the day. I think we will try this the next 90 degree day we have.
9. Zaney stayed home with mom today while I was saving lives and from the looks of things they had a great day, minus a few bumps and bruises which are par for the course. Here is Zaney after thoroughly enjoying Grandma B's mac and cheese. It doesn't look like any of it actually got on his little apron that he had on, of course they had made cookies earlier so he had his apron on still.
10. Tomorrow we will have more adventures with Ga-mama, hopefully the rain passes soon so maybe we could go see some Choo Choos. Happy Easter everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment