Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. We had a lovely, restful, weekend at home this past weekend with rainy mornings and sunny afternoons followed by rainy nights. Luckily we didn't have any bad storms here, just thunderstorms and rain.

2. This weekend's, sort of, project was trying to pick out paint colors for Zane's new big boy room. No we aren't going to need the nursery any time soon, but the room redo is going to take awhile, with how slowly we get things painted around this place. We did the responsible thing and bought little samples of the five different paints we were considering, painted stripes on the wall, then of course decided on the color we liked the most from the paint samples, wait for the fun name... Plain Blue. Probably would have been fine just to buy the paint, but whatever. Now we have to prime the walls, paint the base boards/trim, then we can actually get to painting.

3. Zach and Zane did a lot of work on Zane's train table this weekend. Zane likes to "help" daddy work in the garage, translation he hits random things with his toy hammer while Zach works on the train table. Zach, always being one to comply with safety requirements, puts Zaney in his hearing protection anytime he is making cuts. Zane has taken to loving his hearing protection, which is pretty adorable. And here is yet another example of his cheese face under bit... cue me being stressed about it.

4. Speaking of Zane's under bite, some how I had forgotten that since my son has a heart condition I need to consult his cardiologist prior to taking him to the dentist. Luckily I had been procrastinating this little adventure to the dentist and hadn't called yet. Needless to say I will be spending nap time tomorrow on the phone with the cardiologist office, then the dentist. Fun times!

5. Zach and I have finally committed to a short family vaca to Chicago in May. We don't have money or baby sitters for a long romatic vaca together, so we are going up for a short weekend together as a family. I think it should be tons of fun and I am researching family friendly Chicago outings. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

6. Now that it is officially baseball season, I have finally gotten around to starting my newest nephew's crocheted blanket. SPOILER ALERT: It's yellow and it's super duper soft. Get excited!

7.  Our latest texture play adventure came last when I found two boxes of old cereal in the back of my pantry that needed to be thrown out. Instead Zane got to "cook" with it outside, with a few different bowls, measuring cups and spoons. He had a blast, took a few bites of stale cereal, and of course it ended with the ultimate fun of pouring it all out and dancing on it.



 8. Have I mentioned how much I love my new washers and dryer. They have seriously changed my life for the better. I can get all our laundry done in ONE DAY! Can you even imagine it. I can fit so many more clothes in a load and they look like they are getting cleaner than before. It is fantastic and now I don't thoroughly dread laundry every day. Added bonus Zane loves doing laundry now too. I highly recommend investing in a washer and dryer that aren't thirty years old. It is 100% worth the money. Consider that my rave review for my new Electrolux washer and dryer.


9. Zane's new milestone this week is..... he can whistle!!! Well he can whistle some times, but thoroughly enjoys trying to whistle and listening to me whistle. I randomly found out that he could do this one day while changing his diaper. Now we work on it a couple times and day finds it all very funny, giggling between whistling attempts. Little does he know that his mother once had plans of going to the olympics in whistling or possibly doing routines on a rope swipe.


10. I saw this on pinterest this week and felt sure that my mother had said this to any number of her children, multiple times, and I am sure I will be saying it soon. Just a little fun to round out this weeks Ten on Tuesday.
 

















No comments:

Post a Comment