1. Today is my BDAY and my last one in my twenties. I don't feel older or wiser, but had a great day doing all my normal birthday things. The main event my yearly massage, which did not disappoint. It was wonderfully relaxing and how I always spend my birthday. Then I go across the street to Cold Stone Creamery to pick up my ice cream birthday cake. That also did not disappoint this year. Many thanks to Rachel for watching Zane while I was off relaxing. He screamed bloody murder when I left, so there was just a tinge of mommy guilt, but I quickly got over it, as did Zane.
2. Once I was home from my spa day Zane and I headed off to get flowers for my front flower beds. I debated whether or not I wanted to spend the money on them this year, but I thought some new flowers would spruce the place up for my birthday party this weekend. Zane was unbelievably friendly to his fellow shoppers today, say "Hello/hi" and his take on "how are you." Everyone was thoroughly entertained by him, as was I.
3. Zach arrived home baring roses and pork tenderloin, two of my favorite things. We planted our flowers while the tenderloin and red potatoes cooked. The flowers look great and the dinner was amazing. My new favorite way to eat potatoes is this recipe from the pioneer woman. I have probably shared it before, but it is amazing and the potatoes get super crispy, which I love. I just use olive oil, sea salt (this is key) and ground pepper, all things I always have on hand.
4. In news unrelated to my birthday, Zane has collected quite the collection of stuffed animals in his bed. Here are his current friends, Mooly the cow, Dale the clydesdale, Roro the hippo, bull (Zach's old stuffed cow), Mopples the chicken, the giraffe from my childhood (whose name I can't remember), and his new friend Harry the Otter. Every day he gets them all out and tells me what they are and plays with them on his farm rug. Each night I ask him who he wants to sleep with and he puts them all back in his bed. He usually picks one to cuddle to sleep, but by the time I go back in to check on him, before I go to sleep, he has changed his mind and is cuddling someone else. It's so cute, they all get kisses every night.
5. We have recovered from our trip, pretty successfully. I am glad I had a couple days at home once we got back, so I could pull the house back together and rest a little big before heading back to work tomorrow. It was weird to come home, from what was a perfectly safe, quiet trip, and turned on the news to see the coverage of the "huge groups of protesters" in Chicago. To hear the news crews tell it the entire city had been "taken over" by rioters and protesters. I couldn't help but laugh, because had I been home watching that I probably would have thought we shouldn't be there, but in reality we didn't see a thing. There is a lesson in there some where about believing what you see/hear on TV, it's always blown out of proportion.
6. I want to thank my mom for the beautiful poem she posted on her blog for my birthday today. She had me at the title, "Not 30 yet." Also, I don't want Zane to grow up, he can just stay two forever.... well maybe he could be potty trained, but no older than that.
7. Cute picture of the day. This is Zane and I making my friend Amy's going away cake last weekend. Zane went a little crazy eating the chocolate cake batter. He had to be cute off quickly, but still managed to bet covered in cake batter.
8. On that note, my friend Amy is leaving next week to be a travel nurse in California, and see the world on someone else's dime. I am sad to see her go and will miss her terribly, but am so excited for her. Yesterday we all went and got manis and pedis for her birthday/going away celebration. It was a great girls day out with lots of friends and laughter. Thursday is her last day of work at Children's and we will all miss her smiling face and positive attitude.
9. Preparations are under way for this years Adventure camp at the farm. I am hoping my sister has her baby while or before I am there so I can meet the little guy. That will be a great adventure. I am currently trying to come up with a tshirt design that I can make myself. I have a silhouette and I hear I there is a way to make shirts using that, but I don't know how? Any ideas??
10. Next up, birthday bbq this weekend, then to the farm for adventure camp, then Zane's birthday bash. Our summer is jammed packed. Hope everyone is having a great day on my bday!!! Thanks for all the well wishes. I particularly loved Maggie and Brendan singing me happy birthday, that was priceless. Not to mention the video of Maggie signing to me, that I got yesterday. I have literally watched it about five times. Thanks kids!
Happy Birthday! To make t shirts you need some sort of heat-transfer stuff for the silhouette to cut to your preferred shape and then iron on. Remember the hats from B's Mario party? Just like that. I ordered mine online, but have sometimes seen it at Hobby Lobby or something like that. Silhouette makes their own brand of it, but you might be able to cut the regular heat transfer stuff. The key is to read the instructions and cut the design backwards....ask me how I know...sigh.
ReplyDelete