I was securely on the working crew this time so didn't get any shot of the progress, but it is coming along nicely.
2. We were the first to arrive Saturday morning, because we get up at 6am, so we did some sprinkler playing before naps and before the work began.
Here is my artsy photo of an iris, with Zane playing in the sprinklers behind it. I think I will entitle it, "A snapshot of May."
This is Zane inside of a red bud tree. I feel like there is a similar picture of me in a tree looking over my shoulder like this, I could be wrong. Either way he is starting to look more like me these days.
3. It wasn't all work and no play though. We did make homemade ice cream and there was some lounging around to be done too. Rowan and Able maxed and relaxed together for awhile, which was very cute.
4. Yesterday we were suppose to get the boys pictures taken but it was drizzly and cold so they are now rescheduled for Friday. Their theme randomly turned out to be very patriotic. I was not motivated to find Zane a nice shirt so bought the only one that wasn't neon colors at the store closest to me. It was Navy, red, and white. Rowan has tons of options to choose from, since the 12 to 24 month bin of clothes is strangely large. So maybe we will send out Fourth of July cards or something. I think Rowan is wearing the same red shirt Everett wore in his one year pictures but the matching overalls swallowed Rowan alive.
5. Since we couldn't get our pictures taken we went to Bounce and Craze instead. The last time we went we had the run of the place, not a single other child there, it was wonderful. Today there were probably fifteen to twenty kids. Zane loved it, but Rowan, turns out, is terribly mean and was not being nice to children of all ages. He tried to tackle people, took everyone's toys, and tried to poke one little guy in the eye multiple times. This isn't good, I'm slightly concerned.
6. At our house the garden is coming along slowly. I'm unsure if anything will come up, but we planted some seeds in the ground in our backyard. That night was a huge thunderstorm with strong, windy rain, that might have washed them all away. We shall see. We also planted flowers and flower seeds along the front of the house, some of which we have noticed coming up. Zane is watching our "smerments" very closely, to see what comes up. We have carrots and beets both up in our clear plastic bottles inside too, so lots to keep track of here.
Here is Rowan in the famous monkey tank top romper, worn by all the boys in the family. It is pretty roomy on him, but just as adorable. He was doing some digging and having a ball at it.
Meanwhile, Zane was singing one of his impromptu gospel songs that he made up. They are usually about "Genius" and the sky and the world and love, you know classic gospel themes.
8. Speaking of allergens I did go to the doctor, got a steroid shot, another round of antibiotics, and a referral to the asthma/allergy specialist. I am hoping they have a miracle drug of some sort that can help me not always have this sinus/lung gunk. We shall see. I'm anxiously awaiting my referral letter so I can schedule my appointment, sure to be months from now. But it's a step in the right direction, I hope.
9. I know everyone is wondering how our first day with the fish went. Well things went well. Everyone is still alive, though we thought Turbo had gone, well Turbo. After a thorough investigation this evening Zach did locate him in a cave and he is apparently doing fine. Per Zane "all da fish are bigger except the shark (Turbo)" who I'm sure he couldn't find. Zane did get to feed them because "they berry hungry" which I think was the highlight of his day.
10. Rowan is back to teething and wanting to be up all night. Last night he was awake from 11:30 until 2am when I finally busted out the Benadryl. Not quite sure why I waited so long on that, but at one point I came out and Rowan was sitting at the table, eating a peanut butter sandwich, giggling, and having the time of his life. He is a crazy person and fully medicated first thing this morning. I cannot handle, as I am sure Zach can't either, working on three hours sleep. Wish us luck for tonight!
Noodles. Aren't they just the most fun around? Whoever invented them should get a medal. It is almost impossible to hurt anyone with them and they are tons o fun. Love Ro in the monkey rompers..well, I've loved everyone in those rompers. They're the best ones ever. Good luck tomorrow on no sleep. :(
ReplyDeleteUmmm for the record Mom, it is possible to hurt people with noodles, as we, of course discovered, not seriously, but still. Sigh.
ReplyDelete