2. I worked over the weekend but Thursday and Friday the boys and I enjoyed the beautiful, unseasonably cool temperatures. Thursday Grandma joined us for our second trip to Hafner park that day. We brought snacks, but forgot bread for the ducks so our goldfish crackers did the trick. I love that park, with lots of trees, a duck pond, multiple playgrounds, walking trails, and lots of picnic tables to enjoy our snacks on.
I kept thinking about how we would be frequenting it this summer, but then I remembered it will literally be 112 degrees outside so we need to get our playtime in now.
This was in the morning when the boys were chasing the geese. There were some mean white geese that came over, I'm pretty sure to eat Rowan, so we made a quick get away.
Rowan, quite proud of himself, for sneaking a sip of mommy's drink.
The ducks didn't really like our goldfish crackers, but they did come say hello.
3. Some days I have pretty good parenting days, for instance Thursday and Friday were a great parenting days. Everyone was happy, we did multiple fun things, I didn't loose my mind, it was great. On these days, when thing go smoothly I can do fun stuff like make cucumber snakes and hot dog octopuses for lunch. Then there are days like yesterday when both boys are falling apart, whining, throwing fits about everything, and I am pulling my hair out by five. Yesterday ending with Rowan bleeding from the face, just to sum it up. Wish I could figure out what the secret to a good day is?? Taking longer than 40 minute naps would help, but we are struggling with that as of late.
5. While I was at work this weekend these are the pictures I received from Zach about their day at home. It pretty much sums up a normal day at our house, someone is bleeding and someone is cheating death.
Zane fell out of a swing and busted his lip at the park. He was really playing up his injury in this shot.
And this is what Zach found in the kitchen after, mistakenly, trying to go to the bathroom by himself.
6.We finally got Zane signed up for swim lessons for the month of June. Hopefully we can get him to all of them and he can learn something new. I am working most of the days he will have class so will sadly miss most of it, but I'm sure he will have fun in the pool no matter what. We did, finally, join the YMCA by our house so hopefully we can start to frequent that now too.
7. The boys got their pictures taken Friday morning. I think I mentioned their patriotic outfits last week. Well, they were scratched when it was 54 degrees in the morning, but in good news they got to wear their matching Easter outfits, complete with bow ties, so I'm hoping for some really cute pictures. My boys loose concentration with the whole picture thing about thirty minutes into it, so we shall see what we got. So sorry there won't be any Fourth of July cards sent out his year.
8. The fish are doing well. The tank has started to clear up after the initial cloudy phase. We have gotten a filter system so hopefully it will stay that way. Zane religiously feeds them in the morning and at night, never forgets. I find both boys sitting over there watching them swim sometimes throughout the day which is so cute and a very calming activity which they need.
9. Yesterday we got to see Maggie's Mother's Day Out program which was adorable. She has gotten so big and sang her little heart out in her beautiful dress. The boys and I had to make a quick Target run afterwards and Zane had the lovely idea of buying Maggie flowers, and so we did! How sweet of a boy is he?? They were actually really pretty miniature roses that I would have liked to had myself. Zane told her she did a "really good job" and she was so happy and proud of her pretty flowers. I adore them!
10. Lastly, I want to give a big shout out to my best friend Miss Anna Gentry who survived an F5 tornado last year on this day. It was terrifying to me, texting her, as she sat under a table in the hospital, knowing what was coming towards her. I am so grateful that you are still here to make me laugh, listen to all my ranting, and support me through all life brings my way. Praise God for all your powerful guardian angels. I think I might know one guy who flew in to lend you a little extra help. We love you Aunt Anna!!!
7. The boys got their pictures taken Friday morning. I think I mentioned their patriotic outfits last week. Well, they were scratched when it was 54 degrees in the morning, but in good news they got to wear their matching Easter outfits, complete with bow ties, so I'm hoping for some really cute pictures. My boys loose concentration with the whole picture thing about thirty minutes into it, so we shall see what we got. So sorry there won't be any Fourth of July cards sent out his year.
8. The fish are doing well. The tank has started to clear up after the initial cloudy phase. We have gotten a filter system so hopefully it will stay that way. Zane religiously feeds them in the morning and at night, never forgets. I find both boys sitting over there watching them swim sometimes throughout the day which is so cute and a very calming activity which they need.
9. Yesterday we got to see Maggie's Mother's Day Out program which was adorable. She has gotten so big and sang her little heart out in her beautiful dress. The boys and I had to make a quick Target run afterwards and Zane had the lovely idea of buying Maggie flowers, and so we did! How sweet of a boy is he?? They were actually really pretty miniature roses that I would have liked to had myself. Zane told her she did a "really good job" and she was so happy and proud of her pretty flowers. I adore them!
10. Lastly, I want to give a big shout out to my best friend Miss Anna Gentry who survived an F5 tornado last year on this day. It was terrifying to me, texting her, as she sat under a table in the hospital, knowing what was coming towards her. I am so grateful that you are still here to make me laugh, listen to all my ranting, and support me through all life brings my way. Praise God for all your powerful guardian angels. I think I might know one guy who flew in to lend you a little extra help. We love you Aunt Anna!!!





Love the shot of Ro on the table. That look on his face says, "What? Rule #1: no going to the bathroom by yourself when a one year old is wandering the house. That's first day stuff, Dad."
ReplyDelete