Sunday, February 21, 2016

Happy 3rd Birthday Rowan

My sweet little Rowan, you turned three years old today. It is unfathomable to me that it's been three years since we welcomed you into our family. I remain eternally grateful that the Lord gave me the strength to have another child after all we went through with Zane. Our lives would be missing so much happiness if you weren't in it. You have brought joy, laughter, and so much love to all of us. You are a bright light in the world, little Rowan Danny, you are one of my two greatest blessings.


So on your third birthday, Rowan here is how I picture you. At three years old you are a feisty, tiny, ball of fire. You can do all the things that a three year old can do, run, jump, sing, dance, talk in full sentences, pee and poop in the potty, everything. All of this is extremely entertaining because your tiny body looks like you're about 18 months, maybe two years old. No one ever told you that you are little though. You are confident in all you do, you are certain that you are capable of doing all the things that your big brother can do. From climbing to the top of the space ship at the park to cutting out your own crafts, you seem to be able to do it all. At three you are Zane's permanent playmate and constant echo. I'm sure you don't understand most of what Zane is saying, but most of the time you repeat every word.



You go through life at your own pace, slow and steady. You cannot be rushed, to eat, get dressed, get in the car, or do anything you do not want to do. You walk nice and slow, even while your big brother sprints ahead. You get this from your Grandpa Blakley. When everyone speeds up, you slow down. Some might say you are lazy, I'll say you just take life slowly, and can't be bothered by lots of things. Thing are often "too far away" or "too hard" for you to get/do. And somehow you use that adorable face of yours to get people to do things for you. Did I mention you are quite the smart little guy too! You enjoy a good chair to relax in, lean back, and watch the world go by. Sometimes you just sit and play, calmly, with a toy, for a long period of time. This is noteworthy to me because it is something your brother never did.



Right now you love anything that involves trucks, diggers, or cars. Very much into driving all sorts of different vehicles around the house all day. Your one true love remains your baby Verny who you have cuddled and taken everywhere with you for a months now. Ever since seeing the Peanuts movie you have a new found love of all things Snoopy. You have Snoopy slippers, Snoopy shoes, a Snoopy costume, and now a dancing Snoopy!! You love to color, stamp, and 'write.' And ever since Christmas you have played with Playdough everyday. This year you have learned how to have all sorts of adventures with your brother, thanks to the big vocabulary you have developed. I love listening to the conversations you two have and your laughter is perfection.

 


I am so proud of you being such a big boy and mastering potty training in record time. You worked hard and learned quickly. I will be eternally grateful for you magically learning to pee and poop in the potty so easily. Seriously, a huge highlight of the past year. As an added bonus your tiny bottom in undies is the cutest thing in the world and you would really like to never wear anything else. You are officially a big boy and tell me everyday how big you are. That is except of course when you are too little, which is often. You are too little to get your shoes on, or carry your blanket, or find your coat, or all sorts of random things you don't want to do. I usually ask you in the morning if you are big or little and I am never quite sure which answer I will get. In very exciting news you still, occasionally need cuddles and if I am lucky enough to be the only parent here I get to cuddle my sweet little boy. Of course if Daddy is here he get to do the honors.


Today you woke up bright and early asking for your presents. We opened a few here and there all day. Your reaction to all of them was priceless with exclamations of "Oh wow that is awesome!" "Cool!" and "Yeah!!!" This morning you got Stinky (a backhoe), and Dirty (a trash truck) from your beloved "Stinky and Dirty" cartoon (which for the record is an 11 minute cartoon on streaming Amazon which he watching daily.) Needless to say Stinky and Dirty doesn't have actual merchandise so we made do with a CAT machine and a remote control recycling truck. You also got a tiny pair of real life, leather cowboy boots, and the dancing Snoopy which you've been asking for for months. It only danced once and then quit so you and daddy got to make a trip to the toy store to get a new dancing Snoopy. You loved everything and happily played with all your toys all morning.





Sadly I ruined your day when you woke up from your nap to find that I was the only person home. Daddy and Bobo were at baseball practice, leaving the worst case scenario of only Mommy to cuddle and play with. You cried big puppy dog tears, which I could only stop buy offering a few more little presents to open. You got Big Mach from Cars, which of course you call Big Ben from Stinky and Dirty, and a new lawn mower. Praise God Daddy and Bobo arrived soon so your day wasn't ruined.




In the evening the Richard clan came over for hot dogs and cupcakes. You are Everett were best of friends playing with all your trucks, weed eater, and chain saw. You didn't eat any of your hot dog until you were forced to take three bites, which really threw you off from the usual two! You had a great day, singing happy birthday to yourself randomly throughout. When anyone wished you happy birthday, you responded with "Happy Birthday" and it was too cute to correct! Of course you went to sleep cuddling daddy, but I did get a few big hugs around the neck.

 I love the eye protection, safety is obviously the first priority for three year olds.




I love you big boy, happy birthday!
Love
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment