Rowan and his coach, Zane, both got a little something at the toy store.
Rowan absolutely loves his weed eater, which I find hysterical. He decided this was the toy he wanted to work for when he caught a glimpse of it in a cart behind us in line. I'm not sure he even knew what it was, but he heard the cool sound and that has been his motivation for weeks.
Of course we took it outside, with his chain saw, and got lots of work done. Sadly the spring weather is gone and it is freezing again.
2. Yesterday after naps Zane asked if we could go to the science center. We haven't been in a long time so I ignored my cough and generalized fatigue and agreed. As soon as we walked out the door, into beautiful 65 degree weather, we made a change of plans and headed to the zoo instead. We hadn't been there in forever either and it was perfect day for it. This zoo trip was the first one where Rowan had lots to say about everything he saw, "Wow, this is awesome!" "That snake is HUGE, it gonna eat me!" All kinds of colorful commentary which was very entertaining.
The big cats were all out and looking hungry. There was lots of grumbling among the crowds about concerns over how skinny the daddy lion was. Also lots of general concerns about the OKC zoo after the second elephant death in the past few months happened this week. Hope they pull it together.
The highlight was the otter, Harry Otter, who played peek a boo with the boys for a long time. They would run around and he would swim after them. It was very fun and there wasn't anyone there which made it much better.
Zane being a pink flamingo, standing on one foot.
3. This week Rowan invented his own game which he has titled, Foot Farts. I have no idea were this idea came from, but here is gist of the game: you have to be in your underwear and jump around. At some point you put things on your legs and kick them, all while saying "foot fart." It is hysterical and Rowan will randomly strip down to his underwear to play throughout the day. Zane has joined in but so far daddy and I have not been invited to play, probably for the best. I do have pictures and videos of Rowan doing the Rowan Dance and playing foot fart but I can't post them online. Believe me when I say it is the funniest, cutest thing you have ever seen.
4. Zane reminded me today that we hadn't made any Valentine's Day crafts yet, I know it is the 2nd of Feb. what is wrong with me?? So we made a beautiful heart master piece which can be cut up to make Valentine's with, hung up for CHD awareness week, and framed to make our house more festive. We used toilet paper rolls bent into the shape of hearts and potatoes cut into hearts. Great, easy, beautiful fun!
5. I have set a goal to get Rowan's first year book done by his 3rd birthday, lofty goal I know, but since I didn't have any of the pictures in the right size yet I decided to break out the scrapbooking supplies and get a few new pages done was well. I finished all the our Christmas cards, put the boys first year in photo banners from their parties in books, and did both baseball seasons. I have found a better system, which involves a card table in the living room so I can watch TV while I craft, which is working well and I am enjoying using up some of the stuff that has been sitting around for years. The boys have loved looking at my scrapbooks, but Rowan did say "Mamma there no pictures of me, why you not love me?" I will take the 2 yr old guilt as motivation!
6. The t-ball saga continues as of now there are 55 five year olds who do not have a team. Zach debated forming a team and coaching, but decided just to see how it plays out. Apparently team assignments come out on the 9th and I have informed Zane that this will be our last team. If it falls apart after this season then we call it quits on tball. I've invested way more in t-ball than I could have ever imagined, hopefully it works out this time.
7. Friday night I got a text asking if I was coming to my friend's make up party, which I had completely forgotten about. I was about to say no when I was reminded I could wear my pjs and there would be cookies. This friend also lives five minutes away so why not. No one was selling anything just a tutorial on applying make up. I realized there is no universe where I am ever going to spend an hour putting on makeup with seventy five steps, but did learn a few tricks and the cookies were amazing. Thanks Jenny for the invite!
All people from various areas of my work. I do miss the floors when there were actually fun people to work with.
About the time I feel like I've made some progress in the weight loss and working out department I see a picture of myself, sad face. Jenny and Sarah are adorable per usual!
8. Training in MRI went well last week. It is strange being in the flex pool because we go to new areas all the time, but they aren't ever our full time jobs so we are taught bits and pieces and we are never fully clear on what all we are supposed to do and what parts we aren't supposed to do. The doctors don't know us and we usually get looks like we are brand new nurses who have no idea what we're doing. MRI seems really easy and boring, but the blurred lines of what we are supposed to be doing/not doing is annoying. I also miss my patient's being awake. Good news I'm getting paid!
9. Next week is CHD awareness week and I will once again be participating in the virtual Roar and Run for Mended Little Hearts. All the money goes to making bravery bags and supporting heart families around the country. The race can be run anywhere, at any time, during the week. This year I'm running the 10K version, probably not all at once, but again you can do it over multiple days in a virtual race!! There is still time to take part, go here to register!!
10. Saturday Zane spent the entire day birthday partying it up! He went to Brendan's laser tag party, the first year he was tall enough to participate, and loved it of course!! Then on to his first friend birthday party for one of the Jordan's in his class at school. I cannot believe he didn't throw up, what with the pizza, multiple cakes, and McDonalds. Zane is great at partying!! While Zane was gone Rowan was devastated to be at home with just his mother. Once he stopped crying for Bobo and Daddy we had a great trip to the park. Rowan was so big and confident, doing everything by himself, and being quite the big boy. His face is changing again, becoming a bigger boy everyday!!
Selfie in a slide, lots of fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment