Today, after a weekend full of celebrating, it was actually your birthday!!! At long last you were four years old. You've been waiting, sometimes not so patiently, to be four. To you four meant you were officially a big kid, all grown up, independent, and ready to be a big brother. I am pretty sure you thought magic would happen today, making you fully grown and giving you all the privileges of an adult, you were sadly disappointed when nothing too spectacular happened today. You did get to wake up and open presents before Daddy left, so that's something.
My last picture of me and my little three year old Rowan!
Me and my three boys!
Today Zane went back to school and everyone except me went back to work. So it was just you and me today, yet again. You were sorely disappointed. There was no one to eat lunch with or play with. I took you to the toy store to pick out your present. Out of the entire Toys R Us you picked out the cheapest little tool box, full of tools you already had, but you thought it would help you carry your tools around the house. You also really wanted to buy Zane Legos so he would have something new to play with this evening as well. You're such a sweet boy, always thinking about making other people happy. Before the toy store you picked out some new clothes at Target, that I just could not resist. You're birthday outfit was already very fancy, with your new bow ties and suspender (both of which you had requested). You're little style is too cute for me, I can hardly handle it.
I tried to buy you some plan colored shirts to go with all your new bow ties, but you quickly informed me that were not "fancy enough" and you wouldn't wear them. So we went with a hat and a suit coat instead. You have a very strong vision for your own little style.
I took you to lunch and we shared a burrito bowl. You thanked me for your presents all day. "Thank you Mamma for my presents, I love them." "I love you mamma, thank you for my presents." You told me probably seven times today, with lots of hugs and kisses, from my very big boy. You took a huge nap, followed by wonderful cuddles. I soaked up every minute with my fancy boy, knowing all too well that the days of just you and me are numbered, and quickly coming to a close, as we await baby Thatcher's arrival.
Luckily Everett showed up after he got out of school and you guys played all afternoon and evening. You showed him all your new toys and you had lots of fun with your best buddy. We sang happy birthday to you again, with left over cupcakes and cookies you'd picked out this morning. I think you had a great birthday!
This year has been a wonderful year for you Rowan. You've grown so much, learned so many new things, and have become your very own independent little man. You have your own thoughts and opinions on everything. You're patient and kind and growing up so fast. You're little spirit, smile, and laugh lights up every single day. I've loved these past few months with just you and I. We've cuddled for hours, read lots of books, worked on your letters, gone for walks, and you've been my constant companion on all the errands I had to run. I am so glad God choose me to be your mommy. You make life more fun and you're such a blessing to our family. I love you so much and can't wait to see you flourish in your new role as a big brother. My prayers for you this year are that you remember you're always my little boy, even when you aren't the smallest anymore. That you never stop asking for cuddles, and that you stay sweet and kind through all the changes that are about to come.
Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!!
Love
Love
Mommy











No comments:
Post a Comment