Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Korenak Move 2017


Yes I fell of the face of the Earth for a minute and that just happened to coincide with the big move last weekend. Last Thursday and Friday I felt like I was having a lot of contractions, but contributed everything to the packing/moving/working situation. By Friday evening I generally felt miserable, but that has been my baseline. I tried taking it easy and was not helpful at all in the moving process. I then was up all night Friday, in terrible pain, and quickly realized I most likely had a bladder infection and was definitely dehydrated. Early Saturday morning my mother came to my rescue, from the farm, to take me to the ER. Of course ER's freak out when a highly pregnant lady walks in, so I ended up in Labor and Delivery where my suspicions were confirmed. I got a couple liters of IV fluids and headed home, not feeling better, to sleep through the rest of the move.




Turns out at thirty three years old and thirty two weeks pregnant I do not bounce back like I once did. I spent the rest of the week laying on the couch drinking water and trying to force myself to eat something. Monday evening I broke out in a rash and had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics I was on, pushing back my progress back another day or so. I think I might be starting to maybe be on the mend, but still have very little energy and very little activity starts my contractions again. So I'm taking it extremely easy and trying to not loose my mind when I see the condition of our new house.


While I was useless, the moved went on as planned and I hear everything went well. All I know is that now all the boxes are at the new house and I am eternally grateful to all our family and Zach's work friends who came and helped us get everything moved. Mom took me to the ER and has watched my kids so I can rest, Abbey and Brent where there Saturday helping move and corralling children while I slept, Able helped move stuff Friday and then he and Kari cleaned our old house on Saturday (God bless their sweet souls). Able also took me back to the doctor on Monday when I wasn't confident I could drive and the Blakley's came and helped unpack some more Friday. I feel terrible putting them to work when they should be on a peaceful maternity leave with sweet Alice, but am forever grateful for everyone's help.




I got lots of cuddles while I rested. The boys came by frequently to check on Thatcher and I.
 I even got to snuggle Miss Alice, who was at about the same energy level as I was all weekend.


Boxes are slowly getting unpacked and we're getting settled. The things I was worried about the house remain an issue, mainly Zane and Rowan not sleeping and their room being very small. They are up late every night giggling in there and I'm only mostly sure they ever sleep. The room is smaller than the one's at the old house and now has their combined stuff/toys in it. This means it's a complete disaster all the time, which I can't handle, and all the boxes aren't even unpacked yet. Their walk in closet, which has lots of shelves in it, is the rooms only saving grace. I'm still working on organizational ideas/solutions, but I'm thinking getting rid of more things might be the only thing left to do. I did a big purge when we packed so thinning out will be more difficult now. The front office/playroom/guest room is currently filled with boxes, but I'm hoping some toys/games can end up in there. The house as a whole as much more storage, but not necessarily where we need it. Tons of room in the laundry room, but I don't really have anything to put there. So we're definitely still figuring it out and everything is made more challenging by my pregnancy brain/body.




First night in the new bunk beds. They love them!
No one has fallen off the top bunk yet!

 First night in a big boy bed, almost four years old, but still bitter sweet for Mamma.




The backyard and our lovely view is the highlight for sure. There is a wall of South facing windows in the living/dining room. The house backs up to a field, not any other houses, so it feels like we might just be in the country. The other day, while sick and without they internet, my entertainment for the day was watching the horses, in the pasture behind our house, wander around. We hear cattle and coyotes at night, and have amazing views of the beautiful Oklahoma sunrises and sunsets each day. The boys love running around and of course Zane has made fast friends with all our neighbors. Apparently Zane told the dad next door the name and ages of everyone in the family, including Grandma. Things people really need to know. A couple different kindergarten friends are in the neighborhood, one from boy scouts, who is a few doors down and on his new bus, and a little girl who is in a different class, but of course knew Zane, is across the street. Everyone seems very nice and I enjoy the cultosac at the end of the road so the boys can ride their bikes in a big circle without constantly being in the street.




This weekends goals included rebuilding the tower in the backyard during the record high temps. Our old neighbors are giving us there old play set at some point as well, so we'll eventually have swings!
 I couldn't make it all the way to the back fence for a  better horse picture, but trust me they are there.



The other big news, after the move, was an epic bike wreck that I wasn't witness too. Grandma had taken the boys to Abbey's Tuesday evening so I could rest and shortly returned with a bloody faced boy. I am not sure of the exact story but somehow Rowan was on a bike, E was on foot, the two collided and they "went flying" (per the boys). Rowan's face took quite the beating, but I hear everyone was very brave and they are both on the mend.

E's face looked pretty rough the night of the accident, but here he is Wednesday looking much better.


Probably the biggest, and hardest, change for me in the move has been the loss of a rocking chair in the boys room. I know that they are six and almost four, there is NO reason for a rocking chair in their bedroom. There is also no room for a chair, which means that I no longer get nightly cuddles with each boy. Rowan and I use to cuddle/rock and sing songs after his nightly cuddle quiz (a quiz of all his letters). He would tell stories about his day when it was just the two of us. Zane didn't have chair in his old room, but I would lay with him in his bed and hear about his day's adventures and sing songs. Now they get hugs and kisses and joint songs, but no one is being cuddled, and neither one can calm themselves enough to tell me about their day or to really listen to anything. I might have cried the first night after tucking them in to their big boy room/bed. Made worse by Rowan coming out to give me another hug and tell me, "I love you till mommy!" Followed by Zane reassuring Rowan that my tears were just "happy tears" and that they should get back to their room. It's a big turn in the parenting road. Necessary, totally fine, and completely expected, but it makes my heart hurt just a smidge every night at bedtime.

All and all I hope it was a good decision, both financially and for our growing family. I'm anxious to get everything set up and unpacked before Thatcher arrives. I worked this whole weekend which didn't help and next weekend is Rowan's party (What?? How is that possible). But I'll make some slow progress during the week I'm sure. Oh and maybe I need to think about finding the boxes with baby stuff in them?? It might just be time to prepare for little man's arrival!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment