As is the case with all of my parties the kids usually come up with the best/cutest ideas. This party was no exception. Rowan and Zane suggested making a jail and then I remember seeing the wanted signs as well. They of coursed helped with the painting and have had lots of fun putting people in jail the past two days.
Pregnancy brain/exhaustion led to this adorable display. Apparently I bought twelve cowboy boot shot glasses instead of boot cups from Amazon. Of course I didn't open that box until yesterday so Zane came up with the adorable idea to put gummy snakes in them, a la Woody's famous line of "there's a snake in my boot" from Toy Story. Which led to Zach getting out his huge glass boot and Zane filling it with all our plastic snakes. If I had to sum up being a boy mom it would probably be a huge boot full of snakes. Very cute and entertaining. There were also sour patch kids in the tiny boot shot glasses since that's Rowan's favorite candy. The kids might have been taking pink lemonade and tea shots through out the party as well, no one can really be sure.
Rowan helping with the set up.
The other fantastic idea the boys had was putting their Moolys, Woody, and Bullseye on the mantel. The Yee-Haw sign was already amazing, but the mantel scene pushed it over the top. And yes we played all kinds of country classics all day at the party!
Here is our random cowboy décor from the party store. Rowan set up the scene and LOVES his huge horse. Great two dollar investment.
There were also cowboy masks, bandanas, sheriff badges, tattoos, and super hero bracelets because I mean why not?
Per our usual the guests just included our family, which is plenty, and Everett was there who is really the only person Rowan ever wants to play with. My wonderful family came in their best cowboy attire, because costumes are usually also a most at any Korenak party!! Earlier in the week Uncle Able and Aunt Kari had gotten Rowan two new pearl snaps, which led to me having to get Zane a pearl snap, and some cowboy boots for the party as well. The day was filled with some amazing pearl snap style, Grandpa Blakley would have loved this party and I'm sure was smiling down at all his Grandkids rocking pearl snaps and cowboy boots!!
Cowboy Rowan and his brother Zane the bad guy!
I wore my cowboy shirt (actually Grandma's cowboy shirt) for exactly as long as it took to take this picture. When I had a baby in February I never thought I'd have a problem being too hot at his birthday parties. But besides the day he was born it's been in the 70s every year.
The whole Blakley Grandkid crew, minus baby Alice who is not quite big enough for pearl snaps.... soon!
We opened presents first since I knew that a lot of his presents would be helpful to the cowboy theme. He guessed that his big present was a stick horse before the party so I let him open that before guests arrived, then he got lots of cowboy things from everyone else as well. Another pearl snap, a cowboy outfit from Grammie and Papa (complete with chaps and pop guns), rodeo animals from Aunt Trina, and not cowboy related but still a HUGE hit was his big Hotwheel race track from Aunt Abbey! He loved everything and it all got lots of use from the cousins.
There is nothing cuter than Rowan's tiny body in a pair of chaps. The outfit and the guns were a huge hit, big thanks to Grammie and Papa!!! Also note pearl snap number two for the day, courtesy of Grandma, who also outfitted Everett and Maggie with their shirts as well.
We broke in the new huge backyard with horse shoes and bean bags, lots of room for that, horse races, gun fights, and I hear storm watching from the top of the tower and thunderstorms started to move in this evening. What an Oklahoma thing to play!
These two had lots of adorable fun right up until they were fight with each other, which is how it normally plays out. But the two little guys in their tiny pear snaps were unbelievably cute for most of the day!
Look at this big four year old face. I just can't believe it!
A huge thanks to everyone for coming to help celebrate our little man. He loved it and went to bed exhausted from all the fun!

















No comments:
Post a Comment