* I actually wrote this on Christmas Eve but due to some technical difficulties with getting my pictures on mom's computer I couldn't finish it until today.
After a long drive, late into the night on Thursday, The Korenak Clan rolled into the farm. Zane did amazing during the car ride. He freaked out, ever so briefly, about an hour and half into our journey and I got a little scared, but shortly after that he fell asleep and slept the rest of drive. The minor detail that Zach and I forgot to take into account was that Zane would be sleeping the same amount but Zach and I would be going to sleep at 1:30am. This meant that Zach and I maybe got 3-4 hours of sleep Thursday, as Zane was up bright and early on Christmas Eve.
Christmas Eve at the farm was rather uneventful. Able, Mom, Zach and I sat around playing with Zane, eating, sleeping, wrapping presents, and visiting. I was feeling slightly under the weather so I took it pretty easy and didn't do much. Zane had fun playing on the "bucky" horse that Grandma B had gotten for the grandkids, it was hysterical. He also had tons of fun playing in the saucer the the Hladiks had to generously lent to us for the weekend, thanks Hladiks! We all got dressed up and headed to mass at Bison. It wasn't too late so Zane actually did really well. Mass at Bison was difficult without Dad being there, but the music was beautiful and it was good to see all our friends from church. Zane of course was a big hit, everyone was so happy to see that he was doing so well and were amazed at how big and healthy he was.
Zane was to excited to sleep when we got home so he stayed up until 10pm. I was told that if I could just get him to stay up until 10 he would sleep until 7am, this was, of course, was not the case. Zane headed to bed in his adorable Christmas jammies, while I went to sleep hoping to feel better on Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment