Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dec. 25: Photo

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words

This picture is one of my favorites from the past year. It was taken shortly after Zane came home from the hospital. He and I both were back to being giggly and happy for one of the first times since surgery.  It is one in a series of pictures where we were playing and laughing with each other. It is a picture that shows who I am, as a happy playful mother of a new baby, but also shows who I strive to be.

I feel like most of these first 6 months of Zane's life I have been pretty dang sad, not without cause. I have often worried that Zane will think that I'm always sad or crying, based on these tough few months. I know that this is irrational, but it is still something I think about. However I have worked hard on being happy and playful with Zane even on the days that I really just want to cry.  Next year I hope to be a happier Mommy with much less to cry about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment