Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years 2011

I had a highly uneventful New Years Eve/New Years day. I worked both days and had fairly busy work days so not a lot of energy for celebration. Last night when I came home from work I ate pretzels and drank ginger ale in honor of Dad's New Years Eve tradition. Growing up I really thought this was a world wide tradition, turns out Dad just liked pretzels and didn't drink, so ginger ale was as festive as he got. Zach had also bought us Champagne so we drank a toast to the new year in our Waterford chrystal champagne flouts from our wedding ( this is one of the two times a year we get them out, the second being our anniversary). I burned my regrets ( and I had a lot) in the fire place ( another family tradition I will elaborate on more in another post), and then thought I would easily cuddle my baby boy to sleep.

Little did I know that Zane has officially become a night owl. He woke up when I got home at 7:45ish and was awake when I had to go to bed at 10pm since I was going to have to work today. He was pretty chipper and playing until about 9:45 and then things went down hill quickly and an epic battle between Zane and Zach ensured. Zane has yet to realize that, spoiler alert, we will always win these battles. Tonight was more of the same with the battle lasting a slightly shorter time but was just as epic.

I am now watching the Sooners in the Fiesta Bowl. We are leading as I write this but I feel the choke is imminent. I have watched way too many Fiesta Bowls that we some how manage to loose. I have eaten my Tostitos, so I have done my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment