Monday, April 23, 2012

A Week in the Life 2012: Monday

My sister has been doing "Week in the Life" blogs for a couple years, but I have never felt my life was entertaining enough to blog a week of my life before. This year I decided that even if our life  isn't that entertaining I would like to capture the stage we are in now, with a two year old, working full time, and just trying to stay a float. For those of you who don't follow my sister's blog I will give you a quick over view of what the "Week in the life" project is, then I will sum up our day. The project was started by Ali Edwards, more can be learned about it here, and it takes place once a year. It basically entails documenting each day in your  life for a week. At the end you can do a scrapbook with all your pictures and posts. I haven't decided what if any of that I am going to do, but I have printed off the companion papers that you can write down what you did during the day to put along with your pictures or just use as reminders for my blog. For the next week I will give a run down, complete with pictures, of each day, in an attempt to capture the current phase our family is in. Our days are long so I apologize for the length of the blog, feel free to skim over it and just look at the pictures. *As a side note, function in military time since I'm a nurse, the rule for military time is anything after 12pm you add twelve to it, i.e. 2pm=1400, 3pm=1500, 9pm=2100.


Without further adieu here is our Monday, April 23, 2012.

0530: Zane wakes up crying, Zach brings him into our bed and we snooze/cuddle in our bed until 0630. 

0630: The first load of laundry is started, cuddles on the couch watching "sheep" and "choo choos."

0700: Breakfast time now that Zane has had ample cuddles and is more awake. On the menu today, Strawberries for Zane, and Greek Yogurt with pineapple for me. Mental note to self: We need more strawberries and bananas. 

0730: Time for daytime clothes and for mommy to pull herself together. The babysitter will be here at 0845 to watch Zane, while I go get my first mammogram, fun fun!

0740: Downstairs for some choo choo time while I start the second load of laundry and pick up the basement so it is presentable for the babysitter. 

0800: Back upstairs so I could finished getting dressed. Ipad time for Zane. After I get ready Zane and I play with all his numerous trucks, read books, and pick up upstairs before Miss Allie arrived.

0845: Allie arrives, Zane meets her at the door with waves and smiles. I head off to my mammogram, slightly nervous. 

0850: Allie calls me asking how to "Get to sheep." Good thing while we were at work yesterday she caught up on my blog, so she knew what he was talking about when he said "I wan shee."

0915: Find my way through an old, slightly scary building, to the basement, where very cheery ladies welcome me to the imagining center for my mammogram. I am feeling extremely young in the waiting room, but very old in my mind.

0920-0930: My very first mammogram. I will spare you the details, but it wasn't bad and I now have my baseline imagining done, which I needed due to our family history. I was fine with it all until the lady told me "Your doctor should call you with the results." I guess I hadn't really thought about there being some sort of result to tell me besides, everything is fine. I have to admit I left slightly terrified, but I'm sure everything is fine. 

0945: I arrive home. Zane appears to be sleeping peacefully on Allie's lap. Turns out he had lost his mind for about ten minutes prior to giving it up and going to bed. I did notice there were a lot of tissues pilled up on the coffee table.  I had literally been gone an hour and out of no where he lost his mind. I think he was exhausted, but I still felt bad for Allie who wasn't quite sure what had gone wrong. He woke up when I picked him up and cried big puppy dog tears. He went back to sleep easily, but I still felt bad for everyone involved.

1000-1130: Naps all around. I was woken up by a phone call from a woman at work, from an unknown number, which of course in my sleepy state I was sure was my doctor, ready to tell me I had breast cancer. 

1145: Zane wakes up, a much happier boy. He played with his train hat while I gathered all our things to go out and about. Turns out I forgot a key ingredient to a diaper bag, the diapers. But I got everything else, does that count?? Well possibly could have used a jacket too, oh well.


1200: Out the door to meet Allie for lunch at Boodles BBQ. It was our first trip there, because I wasn't sure we could trust a BBQ place called Boodles, but Allie had been their before and gave it rave reviews. It was tasty, cheap, and quick, all the necessary components to a successful lunch with Zane. I got Zane a hot dog, apple sauce and green beans. These are all his usual favorites, but his food of choice today, coleslaw. He ate all of Allie and I's coleslaw and loved it. The fork wasn't getting it in his mouth fast enough at one point, so he moved on to hand fulls of coleslaw. He also enjoyed drinking his pink lemonade out of big cups like ours. P.S. my brisket was good as well. 

1300: We head off to Lumeriar Sculpture park for outdoor fun. Neither of us had ever been, so it was an adventure. It's a huge park with big random statues scattered over quite a few acres of land. We saw the jeweled cat and the Children's Sculpture Garden. Really Zane could have entertained himself in an open field of grass, but a few random things to climb on and hit never hurst. Too bad my camera died before we got to the "Ball Wall," a long row of what appeared to be old wrecking balls that were fun to run by and hit with sticks. 

 Zane jumped on these random plastic "sculptures" and yelled "ka ka" not sure what that means.

 Soaking up the sun in some random pieces of granite.
 How cute is this, little boy contemplating life.
 1400: We make the long walk back to our car and decide we needed ice cream. We got to Cold Stone Creamery only to find out that it was closed today, sad face. But when God closes a door he opens a window to a little diner/soda shop/ice cream palor that was adorable and beyond tasty. Zane and I split a brownie with chocolate ice cream, covered in chocolate syrup, and topped with whipped cream. While Allie had rocky road ice cream covered in pecans, caramel sauce, topped with whip cream with a home made Beignet on the side... OMG good. The owner came out and took pictures of Zane thoroughly enjoying his ice cream. She even printed one off for me. He is probably going to be in their advertisements soon. This will be his breakthrough into show biz.

1500: We arrived home with a very soggy diaper on a very tired little boy, covered in chocolate.

1530: Down for second nap without a fight. I spent nap time on the phone with our cable/internet company trying to lower our bill and figure out why my TV was stuck on the Disney channel. By the end of nap time I had lowered our bill by $30, gotten the channel to change off of Disney, and got added channels for free, folded the laundry, dropped a bottle of finger nail polish on the floor, cleaned that up, and started this blog.

1720-1900: Daddy arrives home, Zaney wakes up from his nap. All is right with the world. Thus begins our evening routine. Daddy starts dinner, I start the dishes, and Zane starts to "clean" the windows. On the menu for dinner tonight, Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos, found originally on Pinterest but now in our normal rotation. Zaney painted outside in his new rain boots while the Taquitos cooked.






1900: Bath time/Kitchen clean up. Daddy was on bath duty today so I did the cleaning.
Here is our little burrito after bath time.
1930-2000: Evening playtime and Ipad time. Zane watched some sheep on Netflix while Zach went through all the new/unwanted channels that are showing up on our cable menu. I finished laundry. I got six loads washed, dried, folded and put away today which is pretty impressive if you ask me.

2020: Night time was slightly pushed back this evening since Zane's beloved blanket was in one of the last loads of laundry and was still in the dryer when 2000 rolled around. But once it was dry and smelling good again we headed to cuddle time in his room. We sang a few songs, he drank his milk and off to bed, round one. Mommy off to the shower.


2050: Night time round two; Zane needed a little more milk and maybe just a few more minutes of cuddle time.

2100: Zane asleep, we think. Time to watch the end of the Cardinals game, Cards beating the Cubs 2-1 in the bottom of the 8th right now. Zach is in the shower, I'm finishing this blog and heading to bed to read a little on my Ipad then going to sleep.


2 comments:

  1. Wow. What a busy day for all of you. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! we are doing "week in the life" at the same time! That sister of yours has a way of inspiring! Love her!

    Okay...so first... SIX LOADS! WHAT?!?! Super person! I might get three washed in a day and then they sit on my chair inmy room until I have cherry picked them down to nothing and have like 3 things to old and put away! impressive!

    second... love the day, love the post!

    ReplyDelete