Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Week in the life: Tuesday

Here is a normal Tuesday for Mr. Zane and I.

0640: We are all awake, after a little family snooze in bed again this morning. This isn't our usual routine, but for some reason that is how our past two days have started. Once we were all up Zaney and I snuggled while Daddy got ready for work. 

0700: Daddy leaves for work, but not before getting Zane the banana he requested for breakfast. I had cheerios, sans milk, because turns out my skim milk had turned... classic. Zane needed a few bites of my cheerios as well. 

0730-0900: Upstairs playtime; today this featured mega blocks, discovering that most of his toys batteries were dead, so we took all the batteries out and made a list of what we needed, played in his kitchen while I did the dishes, iPad time, and any other toy that crossed his path. 

0900: I put a very sleepy baby to bed. I was surprised at how tired he was, so early, but we went with it. While he slept I finished cleaning the kitchen and worked a little bit on baby Richard's blanket. 

1000: Zane wakes up screaming. I thought that was a pretty short nap and turns out he was still beat. After a short cuddle it was lights out again, but he was having none of going back into his bed, so I laid with him in my bed. Again, this isn't how morning nap goes, but I went with it and snoozed with him for a bit. 

1030: I sneak out of bed to get ready for the day. Zane is cozy in his little nest on our bed. He looks so big in his bed and oh so little in ours. I could have snuggled him all day, but once I woke up I knew I couldn't resist kissing those cheeks and didn't want to wake him up.

1130: Zaney finally wakes up. I eat left over Taquitos, Zane ate cottage cheese and ham. While Zane finished lunch I packed my diaper bag, appropriately today, for our trip to the spice shop (which shall remain nameless since my bro is opening his very own spice shop in OKC soon). Zane's choice of toys to bring with him in the car today, anchoo choo and his "Where" book. 

1200: Out the door for spice shopping and the park. We got spices for us and a friend, then headed to Sonic. It was big day in Zane's life, he got his very first personal slushi from Sonic. Sonic's are not as easy to come by here in the STL so don't think I've been depriving the kid, Oklahoma peeps. 


1230: We arrived at the the first park. This park was space ship themed, which is cool, but possible a little too big for Zane. He, of course, was all for trying to climb up the rock wall, ladders, and everything else that was obviously out of his league. He did enjoy the rocks, swings, and rocking space ship (my personal favorite). 

1300: We arrive at park #2, the little playground in McKenzie Village, by our house. The old stand by that is always perfect. I got slightly sad as I realized how much bigger he is now than the first time I took him there, barely toddling, needing help with every step and slide. Now he can dominate the entire place without any help at all, he just wants me to cheer him on. He even has to bend over to walk under everything now, HE IS JUST TOO BIG!!! As you can see by the photos his dinosaur needed to come play with him. After he was done with the playground he informed me "I drive." So why not let him pretend for a bit. Tons of fun!!


1400: We get back home and I had all sorts of fun plans for the next two hours in the back yard, but Zane immediately threw a fit, wanting his "be be" (a.k.a binki). I calmly informed him that if he wanted his be be he had to go to sleep and turns out he was fine with it and was asleep by 1415.

14:15-1530: I worked on this blog, watched some TV, made a list for Target, picked up toys, all my normal mom funtivities.

1530: I hear a terrible thud coming from Zane's room. Yep he fell out of the end of his bed that doesn't have the tiny little railing on it. He was sleepy, sad, and confused. Poor pumpkin head.
After some cuddles all was right with the world and we were ready for a Target trip.

1545: Out the door to one of the most successful Target trips to date. You might be wondering how a Target trip can be so successful, well let me tell you. We got popcorn and juice to start, which we do on special occasions. Then, while wandering the toy section, guess what we found.....
That's right, that is the baby sheep "Timmy" from Shaun the sheep. I have no idea why Timmy has a whole line of toys at Target. I don't think the show is actually on in the USA, but it does show up as a suggested show for people who watch Thomas the Train on Netflix and there are a lot of people watching Thomas the train. I think it is a crazy conspiracy, but we could not be more excited with our find. He even makes sheep noises, but doesn't talk, obviously, because there aren't words on Shaun the sheep.

1630: We get home and I realize that I had forgotten numerous things I needed from Target, what with the excitement of Timmy. I did get batteries for all Zane's toys, so I fixed those while Zane played upstairs.

1720: Daddy arrives home, and is just as excited as we are about the newest member of our family. We head outside where Zane paints, plays with balls, pushes his car around, and plays in the sand while Zach grills Turkey burgers, and I put some sweet potato tater tots in the oven. We have tons of fun outside during dinner prep, then clean up all our outside toys before it's time to eat.

1800: Dinner this evening was Turkey Burgers and sweet potato tater tots. Both of these things were delicious and Zane cleaned his plate, which is a rarity. He also said "thank you" every time we gave him more tots, a small parenting victory.

1830: Bath time, which I was in charge of this evening, while Zach cleaned the kitchen. Bath time consisted of pouring water from an old shampoo bottle into his little duck watering can, then pouring it on his toes. Oh what fun! This could have gone on all night, but we had to wrap it up because a new episode of Glee was coming on.

1900: I watch Glee while Zane runs around like a crazy person in his diaper. He was sent to time out numerous times for varies issues, ranging from not picking up the popcorn that he threw on the floor, to hitting, throwing things in a fit of rage, and continuing making farting noises after being told not to. He also hit his head on numerous things accidentally, my nose being one of them, and I thought I might pass out. Zane did help pick up his toys, with a lot of encouragement and he did love dancing to the Whitney Houston tributes on Glee.

2000: After Zane's final timeout for a combination of all the things listed above we determined it was beyond night time and Zane and I headed into his room for his evening cuddle. Of course Timmy was his stuffed animal of choice this evening.

2010: I head to the shower and Zach heads to the iPad. We watch a new episode of New Girl, a show that I am loving more and more, chit chatted, and I finished today's post. Now it's time to pull the rest of the house together, go to sleep, and do it all again tomorrow!

I didn't blog this part yesterday because I didn't get to the second page of the hand out until after I had posted my blog, but on the second page it has you write what you ate and then observations, things you over heard (which is nothing), gratitude, and favorite moment. So I thought I would jot those down here too, for when I inevitably loose those sheets.

Gratitude: 

  • For my fun son who, for the most part, was very loving and cuddly today. He gave me all sorts of hugs and pats, though most of them were awfully snotty. 
  • Our wonderful evening routine. It works so smoothly now that I know this phase won't last much longer. As soon as things get down to a science some sort of wrench is thrown in the mix to keep you on your toes. So for now I'm thankful for how fun it is. 

Observations:

  • Zane pokes himself in the eye, on purpose, a lot. He extends his little arm, then pokes himself in the eye with his pointer finger. He usually gets his eye closed before the poke, but sometimes he doesn't. He does this usually in a last ditch attempt to stay awake, but sometimes when he is bored in the car as well. What does that mean???
  • We literally have half a dozen, large vehicles, that Zane could push around this house but he chose to push around the container for his shape sorter today. Why do I buy him toys.
Favorite Moment:
  • This is easy; when I was cuddling Zane before his first nap, he was super sleepy, but wasn't ready to lay down yet. With his sleepy little face, he threw his arms around my neck,stood up in my lap, pressed his face against mine, and gave me the biggest hug, complete with pats, for about two minutes. I might have teared up a little, it was perfect.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE NEW GIRL! Carl won't even watch it with me, he says the jokes are forced. I follow up with... you haev to know the characters! :) Laugh out lous every time!

    We are fellow ipaders. love that thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know Timmy has his own show?

    ReplyDelete