Friday, June 30, 2017

Missouri Trip Summer 2017

I didn't get to write this when we got back because we went straight into baseball camp and Zane's birthday week, but it was a blast so I want to be sure to document it. We had to fit in our summer Missouri trip before I headed back to work since I'll be working weekends the rest of the summer. With this being said we did not have a lot of days to fit in a lot of things because Zane's baseball camp started bright and early Monday morning.



We started our trip early Wednesday morning (three weeks ago) and drove nine hours to Zach's parent's new little cabin in the woods. Thatcher was an absolute trooper on his first road trip, he slept all day, and only woke up when we stopped to feed him. We listened to Serial's new season S-Town, which was pretty entertaining if you're looking for a podcast to listen to on a long trip. The cabin where we stopped was built by Zach's dad with help from everyone in the family. It is gorgeous inside and has a beautiful view from the newly finished covered porch. The boys had some adventures in the woods, went fishing (though the fish weren't biting), then we ended the evening with smores over the campfire. The boys got to sleep in the loft, Zane fell out of bed and Rowan fell down the stairs in the morning, but everyone had a great time. Baby Thatcher slept all night like a champ!






This was three weeks ago and he already looks so different and so much bigger.


Thursday morning we headed back to Zach's parent's to visit Aunt Trina's crew. This was the first time they had met baby Thatcher. Aunt Trina, Uncle JR, and all the cousins instantly fell in love with baby T, how could you not? Clay is now officially taller than I am and has grown into a wonderful young man. I had great conversations and tons of fun with my niece and nephews. They are good kids, I miss their sweet faces.


Here is the final count on Korenak cousins, seven, from left to right Blaine (12), Levi (8 tomorrow), Clay (14), Baby Thatcher (2mn), Zane (6 in this picture), Adeline (10), and Rowan (4).
 The oldest and youngest boy, how is he fourteen years old Clay remains possibly the cutest baby I've ever seen.
Aunt Trina getting her baby fix.


Friday morning we played at Mike and Amy's before heading to St. Louis for the big Cardinals game. Thatcher sneaked in a few more cousin snuggles before we had to leave.

Blaine was great with baby T as well.



 Zane's yearly rope swing pictures. This is his favorite thing to do at Grammi and Papa's. I have pictures like this from the past few years, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a shirt on in any of them.



Friday night was full of baseball game fun, which I previously blogged. Then we had one more day to do our other favorite thing in St. Louis, the zoo!!!


 We went with my friend Michelle and met up with our friend Becky who has twin girls. That made the grand total of children at this Zoo day, eight! When we all met each other I was the only one that was married and none of us had children. I love that I'm friends with these wonderful women and I've loved watching their families grow. I wish we could hang out more often.



 Of course the big event is the penguin exhibit, which never disappoints.
 I'm pretty sure I have a picture of Zane, in this exact spot, every June since he was little bitty. It's his happy place.
 Family photo with the penguins is also a yearly tradition now. This was baby Thatcher's first trip to the zoo. He slept through most of it, but I'm sure he had a great time.
 Carousel fun!

 

 This marked Becky's twins first carousel ride, sadly it wasn't a huge hit.


 My favorite place is probably the seal lion tunnel. It's like being in the ocean, gorgeous! He's Zane with a tiger seal before we headed home. Yes, we hit up the snake house, I was feeding Thatcher during that though so no pictures of Zane and the Gaboon Vipers or the Anaconda (yes he saw both).



 Saturday afternoon we just hung out with the Wamsers. Our children are all pretty much the exact some ages and all got along so well. They had a blast and we had some sad good byes Sunday morning when we had to head home. Here are Ruthie and Rowan (Rowan is three months older than Ruthie even though she looks about a year older than him) both four years old!

 Jamie and Zane, both six in this picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment