Today you woke up and greeted me with a big hug and your snaggle toothed smile. You were super tan from our weekend at the lake. You're hair is a white as the day you were born and your eyes a bright crystal blue. You come up almost to my shoulders now at the young age of seven, but you still will sit on my lap to give me hugs and kisses. You were dying to open your presents this morning at 6:03 when you came into our room. This year Rowan told you what a few of your gifts were and you found one in my closet, and opened an amazon package that was for you, so there weren't a ton of surprises, but you enjoyed everything you received. This year's gifts included a Captain Underpants book, a fidget spinner (one for you and one for Ro), two decks of playing cards (better to play war with), the monopoly with sixteen different pieces, including all the gold pieces that were up for a vote earlier in the year (you were ecstatic to have the gold penguin piece), a 100 piece puzzle, baseball cards, and some new nerf bullets. Dad brought you home a back stop to practice coach pitch hitting with and you opened your coin jar (that counts your money for you) yesterday.
After presents we were off to the first swim lessons of the summer. You and Rowan did amazing at your lessons. I love that you are always the kid, in any situation, who talks to the teachers/grown ups, who finds the kid with no friends in the group and talks to them, who volunteers to go first, and tries his hardest at everything. You could probably have gone up a level in the swimming lessons, but I think you enjoyed being the best swimmer in the group. There was even a cannon ball portion of your lessons today, which was perfect and you did great at.
Here you are on your seventh birthday, I can't get over your crazy smile.
You and Rowan's matching shark swim trunks were definitely not planned.
Here's your little mini me, this was what your face looked like as a baby.
After swimming you got to pick out a toy at Target, you chose a Lego house that's I'm confident you won't do, but you love the idea of it so much you just can't resist. Then, after thirty minutes of walking around Academy Sports and Outdoors, you finally spent the gift car you got from your party. Tough decision had to be made but you went with another remote control car (that lights up and does flips), a baseball shirt, and water guns. During nap time you and I talked, you watched a movie while I laid on the couch by you. You were tired, but pretended to be fully awake and definitely not in a need of nap at seven years old. After nap time your Godmother came to celebrate your day with you. She gave you an awesome snake book, which you loved, perfect for my little snake lover. You showed her all your new stuff, but couldn't sit still long enough to actually do any of it. So much to see, so much to do, so much excitement!
Midway through your visit with Aunt Anna Granmda Blakley showed up with more gifts. You and Rowan played with her, I think having a dance party in your room, and of course more studying up on snakes before we headed out for the movies. Every year on your birthday weekend the big summer blockbuster kid's movie comes out. This year, after much anticipation, Cars 3 was released. We have been waiting for months to see it and I'm so happy we got to go on your actual birthday. We all loved the movie and the snacks (of course).
Your silly little brother had a blast as well.
After the movie it was time to come home and go to bed, leaving me here to think about where the time has gone. You're another year older my son. You've learned and grown so much this year. There are times that it feels like I have a completely different kiddo. I can't remember the last huge fit you threw or the last meltdown you had. You're helpful and can actually do real chores around the house. You remain a light to all around you. You have a kind and loving spirit and care for everyone you meet. You've handled huge changes in your life this year with such grace. I cannot believe that it's been seven years since I first saw your sweet smiling face. I remember it so clearly and so often now that I'm looking at that sweet face again with your baby brother. Time is flying by and I love watching you become such a wonderful young man. Happy birthday sweet boy!
Love
Mom







No comments:
Post a Comment