Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I bought Beauty and the Beast yesterday since it was recently released from the Disney vault. I don't know who came up with the Disney vault idea but they were a genius, they enrage me, but genius. Every time I want to buy a Disney movie it is in the vault, so in turn, every time something is released from the vault I feel I must buy it ASAP. Zane and I watched it while we cuddled ( see yesterday's post about how I sadly  have a cuddly baby back). Zane particularly loved the Be Our Guest scene, could be because he was actually awake for that part.

2. Mom and Christal got here last night. They brought us fresh beef from the farm, letters for Zach's bean bag board design ( thanks to Abbey's Silhouette), a sock monkey for Zane, and lots of hugs for everyone. Zane is officially in Grandma day care as of today. He had a good day and apparently slept all afternoon after his morning cardiology appointment.

3. Zach brought Zane in to get his oxygen saturation levels checked this morning due to his increased sleepiness. I was at work but was able to go down and talk to the NP. His oxygen saturation was 96%, which is great, and the NP gave him the once over to make sure he didn't have ear infections or anything like that, which he didn't. The NP had a lot of questions about how dad died, I guess wanting to know if he died due to some sort of heart problem. Of course I had no answers to these questions so I wasn't much help.

4. In other Zane medical news, his reflux is back. The pepcid has been working fabulous until about a week ago when he started to get crabby when he ate, stopped eating as much ect. So we picked up his new prescription today, for prevacid, after his appointment so hopefully it will help. I'm sure the not eating isn't helping with his decreased energy level either.

5. I want to take Zane to a pumpkin patch and take his picture. I call him punkin head all the time so I need some pictures of my punkin with some pumpkins. It's on the to do list for this weekend. It is sure to produce some adorable photos, stay tuned. Until then this picture Mom sent me today of Zane dressed up like a pumpkin will have to do.

6. Zane's professional picture prints came in yesterday and I want to frame them all. I know it is silly because I have the real deal why do I need a picture, but they are all so good I am struggling to narrow it down. I also don't want to take any of his newborn pictures down, it's tough having a super cute baby.

7. We deep cleaned our house this weekend and it became really clear how little I clean now that I have a kid. I use to clean the entire house in a day quite often. Now I can't remember the last time I really cleaned everything and  it took us three days. But I am happy to say we are squeaky clean around here and ready for the stream of visitors that is about to start.

8. I went to the lumbar spine PT specialist yesterday. She said that I have an SI problem which she apparently is common after pregnancy. It was early in the morning so really all I got from her explanation was that my left hip bone has slipped out of place, due to the child birthing and all the funky hormone changes. This all reaffirmed my theory that after having a kid you can blame all your health problems on them. The PT was great and hopefully they can get me realigned and pain free in the next two weeks ( this will be a max of 4 visits so I am not holding my breath).

9. Have I mentioned that Zane loves to gag himself. It is the strangest thing. He will sit in his chair or lay in his gym and chew on his hands until he gags for hours at a time. He cannot put two and two together that sticking your hand down your throat causes you to gag. It sounds awful and cannot be fun but I don't know how to make him stop. What a silly boy, I cannot help but laugh at him, I'm sure one day I will laugh and he will vomit on me, it will be great.

10. On my way home from work today ( did I mention car rides are not fun for me these days) I was thinking about Zane's surgery and kept thinking, "It will be ok, my entire family will be here, it's fine." Some where in the midst of this thought I came to the realization that my  family now only consists of four people. For some reason going from 5 to 4 people seems like such a huge difference, probably because Dad was a huge presence. I cannot really wrap my brain around it and in reality there are more than 4 people, there are grand kids and husbands, but it still feels strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment