2. My friend, Amy, from work has appointed herself as my life coach. As her first act as life coach she accompanied me down to look at the floor Zane will be on after he is out of the ICU. She also instructed me on what all I should bring to the hospital.
3. Big thanks to all the girls I work with who have been my counselors, shoulders to cry on, listening ear when I need to vent, gone with me to look at floors/waiting rooms, and have been such a wonderful support system. They have schedules for when they are bringing me food/visiting, they have baby sat Zane so I could go to PT, and they have even donated ETO hours so I can get paid during some of my time off. Thanks so much to everyone it means the world to me.
6. It is really looking like fall around here these days. The leaves have turned and are falling, there are acorns all over our yard, and it is nice and cool outside. I love it but I know that means winter will be here soon and we will be back in the house.
7. We bought pumpkins on Saturday with plans to carve them on Sunday but never got around to it. I love carving pumpkins but I feel kind of silly carving them this weekend only to leave my house for a week, but I probably will anyway because it will make me happy.
8. Mom told me today that Pioneer is naming the new Science wing of the school after Dad. Dad was very intricale in designing the whole wing, down to the tiniest of details. He had talked about for years before it was actually built and he had so enjoyed getting to use the new state of the art facilities. We had all joked that they would name it after him one day, we just didn't expect that day to be so soon.
9. Zane has officially started to resist going to sleep at night. He doesn't get crabby until you try to put him to bed. This evening we let him chill and play until we were done with dinner ( 8:30 since I worked) and then he and I headed into his room for a serious chat about bed time. He was having none of it, not even his swing, until I, on a whim, turned on the vibration feature of his swing. Within five minutes he was out for the count. I am very concerned about the lack of a swing when we are at the hospital. It is a very important to our survival.
10. I think my PT and exercises are helping my back. My therapist thought she had gotten me "back in line," whatever that means, last week and I am really starting to feel a difference. I have been doing my exercises like a good little patient and my back feels much better. I go back tomorrow so hopefully I am feeling good come surgery time.
FYI - B's MDO class is making Zane their special prayer today for morning prayer/chapel. Hugs!
ReplyDelete