Monday, October 4, 2010

Zane's new tricks


It seems like Zane has been doing a lot of new/different stuff recently so I thought I would document some of the recent changes.

 Zane has figured out how to take his binki out of his mouth and hold it in his little hand. He usually does this then waves it around until we look at him. Once we look at him he will laugh hysterically. I have seen him successfully put his binki back in his mouth about five times, so definitely not doing this consistently, but he is so proud of himself when he does. The picture to the left is the only one I have been able to get of this because I am usually laughing to hard to think to take a picture.

Zane also is working hard on rolling from his back to his belly. He can get onto his side pretty easily he just needs to throw that leg over, put his head back, and then he will be all the way over. I know babies usually roll from belly to back first because it is easier. This would be true if the baby's mother ever put him on his belly. We did a little tummy time today and he actually did very well so I'm going to try to work on that more.


A new, frustrating, thing is Zane's complete refusal to be put to sleep. He use to be the easiest baby ever to put to sleep. All it took were the magic B's, bottle, binki, blanket, bottom pat and he was out. Now he knows what those things mean and as soon as you start to try to put him to sleep, ultimate freak out ensues. He is generally already very tired at this point so that just adds to the crabbiness. This new phenomenon coincides with him wanting to stay up later even when he is obviously exhausted. The only thing that works consistently is putting him in his swing with his binki and blanket and he will fall asleep quickly. However, his is fast approaching being too big for the swing so we will have to find another solution. Occasionally if we lay him next to us on the couch, on the magic blanket with his binki, he will fall asleep as well. However, at night when he falls asleep either of these ways and we put him in his crib he will wake up and not make a sound. We usually find him a few minutes later when we go to put away clothes or start his humidifier, then the going to sleep process starts over. (Grandma's are you taking notes on this for your upcoming baby sitting duties?)

Zane is having a lot more fun in his gym these days. He kicks and flails his little arms around in there so it sounds like a battle is going on. He grabs things and tries to get them into his mouth, which becomes frustrating since they are attached to the gym. He tries to watch tv while he is in it as well, which the rule is he can watch all the tv he wants if he looks left. This was working well and getting him to look left, but Zach told me that this weekend Zane managed to turn himself around  180 degrees so he could watch TV looking right. The picture below is of him grabbing onto something and trying to pull himself out of the gym. He is almost to long for it as it so it wouldn't take much of a scoot to get out.

He also has a new found love for sticking his tongue out and blowing raspberries. He does this and then giggles. Usually there are spit bubbles that coincide and he loves if you participate in the fun as well. Zane also has a new found love for his sailboat mobile. I randomly set him in his crib and turned it on while I was putting his clothes away the other day and he loved it. I restarted it several times and he was completely enamored by it. So stinking cute! Overall he is just getting bigger and happier. He loves when I lay on the floor and talk or sing to him. As soon as he sees Zach or I he immediately has a huge smile on his face. These are the moments that keep me going right now and I  so treasure them.

No comments:

Post a Comment