Thursday, August 19, 2010

2 month update

It's been two months since little Zaney joined our life. Some days I can't believe it's already been two months, and other days it feels like it has been an eternity. We have had another eventful month here at the Korenak house, filled with new adventures, visitors, and new milestones.

Today we went to his primary pediatrician appointment for his two month check up. No big news there as we saw his cardiologist on Tuesday and he is calling the shots. He did get 5 vaccines today, 4 shots and one oral, DtaP, Polio, Hib/H-flu, Prevnar, and Rotatequ. He did great with the shots, just a little crying, and came home with four cute bandiads. Really made me wish that vaccine shots was all he had to worry about. We don't go back to her until he is four months old so he will be post-op at that point, crazy and terrifying. The vital statistics from the visit are:

Weight: 13lb 3 oz (90th percentile)

Length: 24 inches ( 90th percentile)

Head Circumference: 39.3 cm ( 25th percentile )
As far as looks, Zane continues to look more and more like his Daddy each day. His eye lashes are getting longer, or maybe I should say they exist now, and his eyes are getting bluer, looking just like Zach's. He is growing very fast and has gotten really long. He has a long body and short stubby legs ( pretty sure that is thanks to his Blakley genes). Due to this my two month old is currently wearing 3-6 month clothes ( rompers mainly). While Jess was here we transferred his 0-3 month clothes back to the box and put his 3-6 month clothes into his drawers. This was harder to do since he wore these clothes much longer than his newborn clothes, so I hated to see some of them go. He still has his little birth mark on his left hand. I refer to it as his remember dot. Not sure what he is suppose to be remembering, but it's still there, though I'm afraid it will fade with time. Zane still has a full head of blonde hair with Grandpa Blakley's hair line. Due to his favoring looking to his right the right side of the back of his head is a little flatter than the left. Zach says he wouldn't notice it if I didn't tell him, but I can tell. Hope that goes away soon. We still don't know who he got his ears from, a fun mystery thanks to Zach being adopted.



He is meeting all his milestones right on schedule. He is much more interactive with his gym, reaching for his keys and his ducky. He is defiantly working on purposeful arm movements. He has started actually being able to grab and hold onto his keys occasionally. He hasn't mastered letting go of things yet which often leads him to being really excited that he grabbed his keys and then getting really mad when he wants to let go of them but can't quite make that happen. Zane will smile and laugh at us when we talk to him, which is generally the highlight of everyday. He defiantly knows who we are and we found out last weekend at the big Korenak get together that we need to be near by. He is getting really good at holding his head up with only the occasional bobbing/head drop. He really likes to stand up in your lap while you are holding him or sit up on your lap so he can see the world. He often gets mad when he is awake and I try to hold him like a baby. His swing has proven to not only be entertaining to him, but also puts him to sleep pretty regularly. He is becoming much more vocal, both with a stronger/more aggressive cry and with adorable cooing noises. Most of his noises are G sounds in some way. Goo, Gee, Gaa, ect... adorable or horribly sad depending on the situation ( he is playing in his gym and talking to me as I type this).


There are also some not so exciting developments. He has started to not enjoy his car seat as much. This started while the Richards were here to visit. He still does ok, but once he gets made he screams bloody murder until he is set free. This leads to everyone in the car being pretty sad, since the screaming also causes his little legs/arms to get kind of purple (there are always little reminders of our reality throughout the day). Zane now is easily woken up by noises around the house which is a change from the newborn sleeping through everything phase. In the past week or so he has started having more trouble eating. We moved up to the next level of nipples which he seemed to be doing great with, much less spitting up, and eating was going quicker. He still isn't spilling out as much formula but he is having to take a lot more breaks. He use to just take small little breaks but now, with his condition worsening, he gets much more freaked out, tenses up his body and pants for a while. Usually goes back to eating just fine after, but hard to see him struggle. Just in the past two days or so we have been able to notice that his hands and feet are a little purple and cooler than usual. It isn't really bad, but is noticable to me and breaks my heart.

We love him more each day and I'm dreading returning to work next week. I don't know how I am going to handle not seeing him on the days I work. I really like our daycare ladies but hate that I won't be the one giving him cuddles. Also, going back to work at Children's will be a constant reminder of Zane's condition and all that his hospital stay/surgery will entail. The next month is going to be one of the hardest months of our lives. I can't even imagine what his third month update will entail.
P.S. Cutest picture EVER!!!!!!

























2 comments:

  1. I'm following your blogs. I'm also praying for your little guy. He sure is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look exactly like Zach in the picture with the monkey shirt. That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete