Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


1. My friend Jess arrived this AM from Oklahoma. We go way back to high school and have been through so much together. I'm glad she could come and meet Zane since I won't be able to fly home for a long time. Also, Zach is going to Chicago Wednesday for his job so she can keep us company while he is gone.

2. Sunday our friends Sarah and Andy dropped by to meet Zane. They brought us a delicious dinner and it was great to get to catch up with them and see their adorable growing boy. Thanks guys!
3. Last night I made a stepping stone which originally was going to be for my mom, but after seeing how good it turned out I may have to keep it for myself and make mom a better one.


4. Zach and I had a restful weekend at home. We briefly ventured out on Saturday to go to the Soulard Farmers Market. We had never been and had no idea how huge it was. There was tons of fresh fruits and vegetables and a lot of other random things for sale. We left with some new potatoes, cherries, lettuce, and corn. Sadly I couldn't find fresh peas so I had to use frozen peas in my cream peas and potatoes recipe. Don't worry it turned out wonderful.

5. While at the farmers market we had a stranger comment on how much Zane looked like Zach. He was in the Bjorne at the time so pretty remarkable that even with most of his face hidden a stranger could tell he is Zach's mini me.

6. I have started trying to"workout" some each day. It is a challenge on multiple fronts. First of all I'm horribly out of shape and secondly Zane hasn't been cooperating with this plan very well. The main goal is to get the heart rate elevated for at least 30-45 minutes and I have made that happen four out of the past five days by mainly walking on the treadmill downstairs. It's a start!

7. We hated that we couldn't be at Maggie's party this weekend, but she appeared to have a great time at all of her parties. Yes she had three different parties. She is a very loved little girl!

8. I am starting to seriously dread returning to work. I do miss the people I work with but I cry at the thought of leaving my little guy with some one else. It is going to be really hard to take care of other people's sick babies given Zane's situation. Being at that hospital will be a constant reminder of what we will be going through soon. Also, I'm not really confident I remember how to do my job.

9. Zach and I had a great time on our dinner date for our anniversary. The initial restaurant we had planned to eat at was a little family owned Italian restaurant which sadly had gone out of business. So we ate at The 54th Street Grill which turned out to be really good. We watched Dinner for Schmucks which was tons of fun!

10. We go back to both doctors next week. It's been nice to be able to wait a little longer between visits. I am trying to enjoy this week without any appointments but I can't help but dread what they will tell us next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment