Wednesday evening we realized that most of Zane's clothes were getting too short and starting to bind so we got out the next biggest size of clothes box, but most of them are winter clothes. I guess technically a baby born in June would be wearing 6 month clothes in say December. So Thursday we headed to Once Upon a Child , after lunch on The Hill, to get some great deals on clothes for Zane. It's a second hand shop, but everything there is in great condition, probably helps it is in Kirkwood. We got him new jammie's, rompers, and Jess bought him some new Cardinal outfits so he is all set for at least a little while.
Today Jess got a new phone and we headed to Union Station in search of Cardinal/STL apparel for Jess. I hadn't been to Union Station in a while and a ton of the stores that use to be there have closed, which was kind of depressing, but we succeeded in our search for STL clothes. This evening we cuddled and played with my smiley boy and of course had to make a trip to Dairy Queen for good measure.
We have a had a great time and I wish I lived closer to my friends and family back home. This rounds out everyone from OK coming to meet Zane. I am so grateful that everyone flew out here since I couldn't fly home like I had planned. I know that they won't always be able to do that in the future and with Zane's condition I don't know when I will be able to fly home. I will really be missing Oklahoma these next few months.
Thanks Jess for all the fun stuff you brought/bought Zane. He loved getting to meet you and will miss you when you head home! Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment