Saturday, August 21, 2010

Scrapbooking

In general I don't scrapbook. I tried to do it in high school and it ended with me having my mom finish the book because it drove me crazy. Mainly it is because I am a perfectionist/OCD when it comes to scrapbooking. Everything needs to be perfectly straight and match. I also like to have all of my pictures shown so it stresses me out to pick what pictures to put on a page and I hate to cut them down to smaller sizes. I'm getting stressed just typing this.

I am not concerned about scrapbooking Zane's life because my sister scrapbooks beautifully and my mother-in law will be scrappoing his entire life, so he is covered. But I did want to have a nice place where my pictures were displayed at my house. Here is where my sister's scrapbooking talent comes in ( p.s. she finds it very relaxing, how strange, right).



(The picture to the right is one of the baptism pages and the on below is the first month page that Abbey did).


For my baby shower gift Abbey made me a scrapbook template of sorts. It has a two pages for each month, a page for major events ( i.e. Baptism, Christmas, 1st b-day ect), and one page which will have 12 4x4 pictures of just Zane's face, one for each month. The pages are all in a three ring binder scrapbook which you can also add pages that just hold pictures (this is what I currently do with my pictures). All the pages are basically the same layout, just with different paper, and it all matches. There is a place for journaling ( haven't done any of that yet, don't know what I want to write about these first two months just yet), and there is room for a lot of pictures. At first I wasn't sure how I was suppose to arrange the pictures, but when Abbey was here for her visit she did his first month page, the baptism page, and his first bath page.

Today I did his second month page and added his second month face picture. I basically just followed Abbey's lead as far as layout and in good news it was super easy and I love how it turned out. I put a page of twelve pictures in between the two decorated cute pages, this way I have about 20 of my favorite pictures from each month displayed. Here are the pages I did today. ( I took the pictures standing on a chair, not sure why, but that's how Abbey took pictures of the pages she did so I figured that was how it was done.)

1 comment:

  1. Ok, about the standing on a chair, I was tired and apparently not thinking straight. Really, what you do is take them out of the page protectors and stand them up leaning against something and take a picture looking straight on. (Brent says you could put them on the floor if you prefer). I'm so glad you did the next month and the first year page. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete