Thursday, August 12, 2010

4am NOT hooray

So after my glowing post about how proud I was of my little man for sleeping until 4am we had a night were he slept maybe 4 hours total. Zach was out of town and missed all the fun, but luckily my friend Jess was here to help me. Little guy was up all night, not mad at all, just awake and big chilling. He would sleep if you held him but as soon as he was put in his crib he was wide awake. The short amount of time he did sleep he was in his swing. I am not completely sure this it is safe to let him sleep in it for long periods of time, but it didn't matter because he never slept for a long period of time. I ended up with a total of about 4 hours of sleep, with Jess watching him from 3-5:30 and then coming back up at 7am to watch him while I slept a little more. Needless to say we are dreading tonight. Also, I won't be bragging about his sleeping habits again until he has been sleeping through the night for like a year. Pray tonight goes better!

2 comments:

  1. Surely it will be better tonight. Is Zach back yet? He probably just misses his daddy. He is used to play time in the night time for Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a first time mom, I wouldn't let Jeremiah sleep for long in the swing; I mean, if it was during the day, then yeah, I was around and he could stay there, but never at night. However, with Julianna, who was a very happy baby if not a great sleeper, I was desperate for sleep and would _very_ carefully (cause if she opened her eyes, it was all over)tuck her into the swing (which was right next to my bed) for a few hours of sleep. Pretty much wore out that swing. Barely made it through Joel.

    Hugs and prayers!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete