Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Four Years Later





It has been four years since Zach and I got married. We have been through so much in the past four years but probably no year was quite as eventful as this past one. Last year at this time we were in the Bahamas with literally not a care in the world. Our second niece was just born and I was on the beach, what a perfect anniversary.


Over the past year so many things have changed. We bought a house, got pregnant, lived through a pretty miserable pregnancy, and then we were dealt the biggest challenge of our marriage so far. We are still in the midst of that last part, but our marriage is stronger than ever. Zach has been amazing through the struggles and hard times of the past couple months. I cannot imagine going through this with anyone else. He is our rock, though he too his moments where he breaks down at the thought of what lies ahead. Over all we have laughed more than we have cried in the past four years which is always the goal.


It's hard to believe that what a started as a random meeting at a BETA Convention has turned into our amazing life. I thank God daily for bringing us together and giving us the strength to get through the four years we were apart. Four years later and I'm still excited that I get to see him everyday. I often look at Zane and think of how many times we were so close to giving up and if we had our little miracle wouldn't exist. He is going to do something special with his life, that's for sure.
Now for a run down of some random highlights of the past four years in no particular order:
1. We have bought three cars, but only have two currently ( all of them black of course )

2. Two big screen TVs - love them!

3. We lived in three different apartments

4. One house - love it as well, has enough room for tons of people to stay so drop by anytime

5. The number of nieces/nephews we have has tripled since we got married. ( This technically wasn't our doing, but still a big highlight ) We only had two nephews when we got married and now we have two nieces and 4 nephews. Way to go Trina and Abbey, we love being Aunts and Uncles!

6. The Cardinals won a World Series, soon to win another one, right?

7. The Sooners went to one National Championship and lost one National Championship :(

8. The Sooners won all the Big 12 Championships except one ( didn't win in 2009)

9. Mizzou beat OU in football zero times - pretty sure this hasn't happened in decades, but not in the past four years for sure.

- We have never had more people worried about our marriage than when OU and Mizzou played in the Big 12 Championship. We all know how that ended - SOONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. We have been on two honeymoons. The first to Puerta Vallerta, Mexico and our second last year to Freeport, Bahamas. We are looking forward to our third in say...... 20 years.

11. We have gotten two degrees between us, Zach got his Electrical Engineering degree in Dec. '06 and I got my Bachelor of Nursing degree in Dec. of 08.

12. We have been through an untold number of fish. Beverly, our big orange fish, has been with us through it all though, which is pretty amazing.

13. We survived being snowed in together in the tiniest apartment ever. Looking back on it, only newly weds could survive that experience and still adore each other.

14. Per Zach's request I will mention that the Tigers were rated #1 in the nation for 1 WEEK.

15. What am I forgetting.... Oh right, created one human life Zane Able Korenak: the best thing we have done to date!


















3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Now I'm all weepy. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was sweet to read! Congrats on 4 years, here's to many more! Love you guys

    ReplyDelete