Friday, August 27, 2010

Outside time




It has been blazing hot here with crazy high humidity since Zane was born. On one hand it is good because people don't have colds/the flu when we are out and about, but on the other hand it has led to Zane and I spending a lot of time in the living room or, on occasion, the basement.


This week we have had a bit of a cool front roll through with weather in the low 80s with low humidity so Zane and I have taken advantage of it. We took a walk yesterday morning, which I was thinking was going to be a leisurely stroll around the neighborhood, but it turned out to be a pretty good 30 minute work out. This evening when Zach got home we played outside while Zach grilled.


Zane really enjoyed looking around at all the new scenery during our walk, but the sun getting in his eyes did annoy him. Luckily there are a lot of trees in our neighborhood so we were able to stay in the shade for the most part. Mainly he smiled and laughed at me which made for a very enjoyable workout. This evening he hung out in his bouncy chair outside. Initially he looked very confused as to what was going on but after he took in his new surroundings he had a great time. He spent most of the time working hard on getting his hands in his mouth and I have to say he is getting better at it. I got some mosquito bits but I didn't see any on Zane during bath time this evening so I think it was a huge success. I can't wait for it to be fall ( well there will be about two weeks of fall then straight to snow) so we can go strolling around parks, the zoo, ect. Hope fall comes before his surgery!
p.s. It is adorable how bald he looks in the pictures we took outside since his hair disappears in the sunlight. Too cute:)



No comments:

Post a Comment